Problem with Dirty Seatbelts

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by dschia, Oct 16, 2008.

1. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Hi, recently i have came across some dirty seatbelts and it seems almost impossible to clean it. I use AG hi-tech hand pad and started cleaning using AG interior shampoo, followed by Ag multi wash and lastly AG tar remover(my last resort, usually able to clear most interior stain). Thought i could at least minimise the dirt stain but it seems like nothing has been done except the color of the seat belt changes(light brown to dark brown) due to soaking of products.

It seems like seat belts are made of different material that is hard to clean. Is there any solution to this? Can a steam cleaner do the job?

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Are the seatbelts out of the vehicle???

3. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

Close the seat belts in the door so they are outside of the vehicle. Hold the buckle so it doens't bang against the car. Then use APC and scrub them, and blast with a pressure washer. Might want to try to extract them afterward, but it doesn't work that well so usually I let them air dry. This has worked well for me and yeilded good results.

4. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Wow... Pure Genius! what a time saver

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The seatbelt material is VERY tightly woven and while its great for saving lives, it makes it a bitch for cleaning. In the past I have found that the only thing that works well is pressure washing them as TWISTEDFRAME said.