PRO Gauge II Powder & Paint Thickness Gauge

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Nica, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

I purchased this gauge, haven't received it just yet but I just thought I'd post it and see if anyone has used it. It came recommended from a good friend of mine who used to have a digital paint gauge and said this gauge works just as good as the digital gauge. I've got a few coming my way.

Oh pirex, this is the one I was refering too here is a link

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1799&itemType=PRODUCT

If anyone has one or can provide feed back I would like to hear some feed back.

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I have never used one but i have seen some reviews a while back. Ihave heard it works great on ferous metals like steel but it dosent work on no farous metals like alimimum. I would love to hear what you think when it comes

3. richy

richy Guest

Carlos..that is one tool I do not have and would like to. I can't afford the digital one so this has definitely peaked my curiousity..Please, please play with it and tell us what you think. For $50, I'd buy one if it was good. Did you check ebay?

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Good point there Calgarydetail, I'll have to confirm that about the alumimum part. I can't remember if I was told it would work on aluminium :confused: I think I assumed it would. What's impressing is it's accuracy. I've ordered the Positechtor as well and I'm looking forward on receiving that one too. When I have both I'll compare them.

I remember the post where you were asking about gauges and since then I've been re-searching and a good friend told me about this paint gauge. My friend says that it's just as accurate as the digital paint gauge. He's used it for quite some time now and says it works great. I will definetly follow up on this one. I'll do a review on both the paint gauges I got coming my way. Oh and yes, I've been looking at ebay but nothing came up, so I decided to order these gauges (Positector and PRO Gauge II). Oh you want to hear something funny, I could get the exact same PRO Gauge localy but for about $125 :eek: how funny is that hahahaha.

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Did you get a Positector 200 series?

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, I went with the Positector 200 and the other one was the 6000 (I think, I would have to check the paper work but I'm sure that's the one. It's the new one).

The Positector 200 is meant for plastic/fiberglass..ect..it's kinda mis leading..well at least when I read the discription I found it to be a bit mis leading....could be just me though.

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:):):):)

Coming over soon!!! haha

8. Nica

Nica Banned

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Am I reading this right?

Did you order BOTH the 6000 and the 200?

10. Nica

Nica Banned

um...yea...

11. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:):) I definitly will have to see them in action soon.

PS: I will bring the tool on Friday..but where are we meeting?

12. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Ordered one right now :D

13. Nica

Nica Banned

lol...I thought you were going to wait for me to test it but that's wicked buddy :D

14. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Why wait? haha. Was so nice price :D

15. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

well I will still be awaiting your review. im looking at getting a PTG, since you have all of them lol I will be curious to know which one is best. Dont worry I will hold off until you get yours :D

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I understand what you mean about the price pirex, it's a wicked price if you ask me and according to my friend it's as good as the digital gauges too. Cant go wrong with it.

I'm starting to get better at doing reviews so hopefully I'll do a desent review on these paint gauges. Once I get them I'll have to use them to get a feel for them. But I'll try to do a good comparison, it will be a little unfair for the PRO Gauge because the Positectors will have more bells and wisles but I'm curious on the accuracy that's all I'm interested in.