Prism - Audi RS4 - Correction Detail - Swissvax (inc video)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

I was recommended to this customer when he was looking to have his Audi RS4 corrected. The customer had recently purchased the car, so really i was asked to remove the swirls and bring some bling back to the paintwork again.

When the car turned up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car was rined, then snowfoamed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rinsed and the alloys were cleaned:

[​IMG]

washed with Nanotech Shampoo then the decontaminiation stage consisting of Tardis, Iron Cut and claying:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then i rewashed, rinsed and dried with a Dodo Juice Supernatural Towel....moved onto the inspection of the paintwork and determining what needed done:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Using Scholls Concept S17+ for a majority and in some cases moving to S3 Gold and finally refining with S40, correction was achieved:

50/50:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Corrected:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The paintwork was protected using Swissvax Shield, Glass with Permanon Glass (exterior) and Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol (interior), alloys were protected with Swissvax Autobahn and tyres dressed with Swissvax Pneu. All the trim was treated to Swissvax Nano Express and the rubbers to Seal Feed. The interior trim treated to Swissvax Quick Interior Finish and the leather to LTT products. Enine bay treated to Chemical Guys Silk Shine Dressing, Exhaust to Swissvax Metal Polish (noticed this had been worked previously!!!) the end results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and finally a little walk round video, highlighting the gloss which pictures cant show moving over the curves of the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OLPjpDKSXo

Thanks for viewing

Robert @ Prism

2. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Certified cleaness...................... even if the steering wheel is on the wrong side (lol). Love this car!! ,drives great and has the quickness.

3. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

that a nice color to detail...gotta look into that iron cut

4. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Nice work!! Scholl FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

How you guys in the UK work outside and do a whole car in 1 day is BEYOND my ability to comprehend!! Yet, looks like you did a bangin job for what I can see!!!

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

RS4....yummy! Looks great.

7. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

If i could have the car for a couple of days i would be happy, but in this case customer expected it done within a day. When you have a unit you can take your time, you dont have anythin to worry about, but working outside you have to consider soo many factors.....will it rain ? will it get cold ? will it get dark soon ? Start very early in the morning and finish in late in the evening....there have been very few cars i have taken more than a day as i do not have the luxury of having them for days....