Prima Hydro Wash Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Pats300zx, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I recently picked up some of the new Prima Hydro Wash and Hydro Seal. Here is a short review of the Hydro Wash.

Product Description:

Prima Hydro Wash is step one of the Prima Hydro system that also includes Hydro Seal and Hydro Wax As You Dry. Prima Hydro Wash is specifically formulated to prep paint for Hydro Seal. Regular use will also deliver maximum durability from Hydro Seal. Hydro Wash is gentle on wax, tough on dirt, and it is biodegradable.

Prima Hydro Wash produces a generous amount of suds and smells amazing. It contains no polymers - this important because the paint needs to be prepped with a non-polymer car wash for Hydro Seal. Of course, Hydro Wash is an excellent auto shampoo in its own right too! It is a pleasure to use and leaves the paint nice and clean.

Cost: $14.99 for 16 ounces

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used about 2.5 ounces for about 3 gallons of water. The soap has a very nice scent. It reminded me of cherries.

[​IMG]

Mixing

[​IMG]

All ready to go. Nice suds. Wash media is a Lowes Grout Sponge

[​IMG]

In action.

Observations:

Prima Hydro Wash is a very nice soap. I definitely like it better than Prima Mystique. Hydro Wash to me seemed to have more suds and seems to clean better. During the wash of my truck the suds lasted through the entire wash and the lubricity was very good. I really liked the soap and the fact that it is safe, somewhat mild, and non-polymer based.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

nice review.

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I think you are the first reviewer. So thanks!

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I was peeping this on DD......... thanks!

did you let it dry? or rinse of immediately? If you let it dry how did it behave, wash clean off etc?

5. Pats300zx

No I didn't let is dry at all. Rinsed off immediately...

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

ahhh. sounds like a great product....... thanks!

7. dday

dday Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Is the dilution ratio you used the recommended one? Seems like a lot of soap for 3 gallons, I use Dodo Juice Born to be Mild and that's about 1/2 oz to 3 gallons.

8. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

thanks for the review pat! have you tried the hydro seal on the truck yet?

9. Pats300zx

Hey Bill...I picked some up but haven't had a chance to try it out yet...

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I just used the wash and I've got to say its a really nice wash! put some in my cam spray foamer and it did really well!