Prima Hydro vs Griots Spray Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by godoman, Jul 27, 2012.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Anyone have feedback on which is the better product? Curious since one is literally double the price of the other...

2. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

bump^

3. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

Hydro all the way...

I have some I can sell you cheap :)

4. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

i have a gallon on the way. I browsed alot of other forums and users compare it to hydro for half the cost but it lacks longevity. Griots is 30 min drive away but i wanted to hear from everyone here. Half the cost with the same look and even smells the same seems like a good deal to me

5. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i have used griots products for years but prima hydro is the best of its kind. bought two gallons to make sure i have enough. use it on my personal vehicles 90 per cent of the time and a little aqua wax occasionally for the smell. funny thing the spray bottle expands and leaks a little if i dont unscrew the cap while it sits on the shelf , no big thing.

6. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

hydro all the way. best spray wax out there.

7. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thanks guys, thats what i thought

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Ive used both aquawax and Hyrdro................... hydro hands down.

9. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

I guess I need to try Hydro. I've got half a gallon of Griots left and half a bottle of aquawax. I really like aquawax

10. Kilo6_one

They are all good products, and have their merrits im sure....... just use what you have up, trust me its not game changing, its just a bit more durable

11. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

Nothing can touch Hydro. Always easy on and never streaks. Shine is awesome.

12. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

I only brought this up because griots spray wax was said ro be the same thing. This sent up red flags and i had to hear it from u guys. Personally, prima hydro on my black s2000 right after a wash with plenty of rids to be seen, AMAZING! It not only shines deeply but does a damn good job hiding some paint defects. I was staring in disbelief two years ago after first trying it

Thanks again

Godoman

13. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

I'm only trying it once I use up what I've got but I wash cars so often it doesn't take long.

14. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

You guys are making me want to give it a go too! lol

15. Kilo6_one

Order two gallons, if you wash cars like me, it goes quick, but also a little goes a long way, you do not need alot of product, its almost one too two spritz per panel..........especially if its wet.

16. boredstudent3

and the hydro can handle the leftover water from rinsing as it is a heavy concentrate in the bottle.

17. Kilo6_one

do you ever pre dilute it for a QD? I never have, but considered it............

18. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

What is the proper way of using this product? looking into it, see can be used after you wash vehicle, what are you'll thoughts?

19. Kilo6_one

proper way is after washing (hopefully it is in a cool spot) mist the panels down while wet then proceed to dry with a soft absorbant Microfiber towel, it basically waxes the car and puts down a layer of protection while making it easier for the towel to dry, also it neutralizes the water so if you have semi hard water it should counter act that so no water spots. I have had very good luck with this product over the last year. best thing is you can use it on glass, chrome plastics etc.....

Usually when I am done I still use my blower to blow the water out of the cracks and blot dry the trails.

Honestly, it really gives some depth and it also lasts quite awhile, but depending on how often you wash your car.

20. boredstudent3

Yeah just wash and rinse and leave the water there

Then spritz the drying towel and wipe up

Like I said before, it is heavily concentrated in the bottle so the left over water won't drastically dilute it