Prima Clarity Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Pats300zx, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I finally had a chance to try out the new Prima Clarity glass cleaner I got from Detailers Domain. I must say I was skeptical to find a better glass cleaner than my "go to's" which are NXT Glass cleaner and Zep Glass cleaner. Needless to say Prima Clarity did not disappoint.

1. Great value-16 oz for $6.95.

2. Great packaging-I loved the spray and the bottle.

3. Great cleaning-Cut through bugs that I had on my windshield from a long trip. Glass was cleaned with a Cobra glass cleaning towel.

4. Smell-Neutral but I liked it.

5. Final Outcome-Great cleaning ability and no streaks.

Looks like it's a winner...:applause2::applause2::applause2:

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I too am having great luck with this. After struggling for years with SIG streaking. (It would look clear as a whistle until just the right amount of glare was on the window).

One thing I'm struggling with is the smell. It smells windex-like to me in my 16oz US Plastics bottle, but out of the gallon it's got a VERY faint citrus smell. (Nick says it's supposed to smell citrus-y)

I don't know if my bottle is imparting the windex like odor (this bottle is new, never used before) or if in a smaller quantity I just can't detect the citrus notes.

Edit: I've never tried Megs NXT Glass cleaner.

3. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

SIG ALWAYS STREAKING FOR ME. I don't understand what makes the difference for people to get good results.

I really feel it come down to towels and the car you working on.

4. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I gave up on Stoners a long time ago. I like Sprayway the best but I always like to get something new to try.

5. GDAL

GDAL Guest

great review ... maybe I'll try it after I run out of SCG's glass cleaner.

6. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

i wouldnt mind trying this

ive been using Stoner for while now, but recently i ran out of stockpile of the aerosol cans and bought the liquid spray version, and i dont know whether it's the glass on my new car, but it just doesnt perform like i remember the aerosol cans working

for the one thing, the aersol cans used to flash dry without leaving smearing, but the liquid version i have to continual wipe it

so yep, im gonna give the clarity a shot

im assuming it has the same spray head as the slick and hydro? that's a very good quality bottle and spray head

7. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Yeah same bottle/sprayhead.

8. Vader007

Vader007 Virgin Detailer

Megs NXT Glass cleaner has been my favorite for a long time, Gloss it signature detail spray is also excellent but too costly to use all the time, I use when wiping down after a wash and before my LSP.
    i think I'm gonna try this Prima clarity as I've always trusted Pats reviews.