prima banana gloss

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by godoman, Aug 18, 2012.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Messing around with banana gloss and am running into using too much product due to not having the right applicator. i have watched alot of youtube videos and see how easy it goes on but the guys doing it are using a microfiber applicator.

Any idea which exact one works with this product?

Also, when buffing off the product, do any of you use a detail spray to speed up the process?

Thanks,

Godoman

2. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

I use a foam applicator for banana gloss and have never had problems. Honestly I wouldn't even worry about how well you're applying Banana gloss, it only last like 2 weeks tops.

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thanks sike, I am using the foam yellow applicator that I ordered from phil. I might be getting streaking because the pad is too new and I did this when the sun was going down so some excess moisture might be playing a role. Plus this is my first try with it so I might be jumping the gun

Looks easy online but I will need trial an error to know for sure. Still, would like to ally it exactly as I saw online

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Foam pad always works best for me, make sure you're not over saturating the applicator as well, a little goes a long way with BG. Given BG's consistency out of the bottle it can be easy to over saturate the applicator.

5. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thanks chas, I will apply it to a few more cars until I understand it better.

6. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

I either use a MF pad or an oval sponge from the supermarket. I seem to ba able to control the product better with a sponge. I use it once then throw it away.

7. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

My method of application is that I attach a sprayer to the bottle. Then mist a microfiber applicator. That has always worked great for me.

8. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I use the yellow foam pads from Phil as well and they work great. Just be careful not to put too much on the pad cause BG is so thin. I've never been a big fan of microfiber applicators, just because they suck so much product into themselves. Don't give up on BG, its a great product. I haven't found an easier wax that I can apply to hot paint or frozen, great for shining up a daily driver.