Prima Amigo, Epic and Clarity Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by yyaman, Sep 20, 2010.

1. yyaman

yyaman Two Bucket System Washer

These are the only 3 Prima products I have. My car is in a fine condition as I have polished it a months ago. Last week, I washed it and clayed it, and I wanted to try the Prima products. After claying, I applied Amigo with hand using a foam pad and polishing pal then used a PC and Uber black pad to spread it (my experience with glazes is that it always saturates the pad and starts spraying all over the place if applied directly by the PC). The Amigo was very easy to apply, it is black in color but becomes almost invisible after applying it. It doesn't dust at all and wiping it is super easy. After I have finished applying Amigo, I applied Epic by hand using a wax foam pad and polishing pal. It was also very easy to apply, the thinner the better. I think I probably needed like 1/2 oz for the entire car. I let it sit for 2 hours and removed it using a plush microfiber towel. Removing it was easy. After I was done, I slided my hand on the hood to see how slick it is. Hmmmm, not as slick as I wanted it to be. I let it sit in the garage overnight to cure

Next day, I slided my hand on the hood and wow! So slick!!!!! I also liked the shine and wet look it produced. Mind you, my car is silver and you know how difficult silver is to produce a deep shine.

A few days later, I parked the car outside the garage when it was raining in the evening as I wanted to see the water beading. Next morning, water was beading like crazy.

This weekend, I applied 2 more coats of Prima Epic and seriously, multiple coats DO make a difference.

Now to Prima Clarity. I didn't like the product at all. Steaks and hazes. I struggled with it until I figured out a way to make it work as good as possible: I sprayed the glass, wiped it with an uber glass towel, flipped the towel and wiped it. I did that for the whole car. Then I folded the towel like 6 times to make it easy to hold and went over all the glass to wipe down the haze and streak after the glass dried. It is very time consuming as you have to go do tiny spots on the glass. It is not perfect but it is good as it gets. I got a gallon of this stuff, I guess I am going to use it around the house and stick with Adams and Lusso glass cleaners for the cars.

The next post will show the pictures after 3 coats of Epic. I also took pictures of the water beading.

2. yyaman

Water Beading:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. yyaman

Pictures in the sun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]