Pressure Washer's

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by vtec92civic, May 28, 2012.

1. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

So im in the market for a pressure washer but am confused in my own mind LoL. Ive had gas pressure washers and though they provide decent gallons per minute as well as pressure and can handle a little more abuse the fact that they are so loud kind of keeps me a way.

Ive only owned one elctric pressure washer many uears ago and it was a Karcher and it was dead on arrival. Im really considering a electric one right now but am getting mixed feedback from some reputable detailers who run gas washers.

The 4 brands that come to mind as being very reputable in the elctric world are:

MI-T-M - seems to be very similar to the cam spray units
    Cam Spray
    AR
    Kranzle - Pricey unit but looks great

I'm thinking that 1,500 - 2,000 psi is plenty of cleaning power so if any of yoyu have any reviews, input, photo's are just anything it would be greatly appreciated and i'm sure many other folks could benefit from this post. This will be going into my Chevy Express Van.

Thanks in advance!

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I have the AutoGeek foam cannon with quick connect fitting on a Homelite PW which has 1700 psi and 1.3 GPM. This is what I produce as foam (1:5 mixture of Sunlight:water) :

[​IMG]

It's been reliable so far and hasn't shown any sign of giving up any time soon. It's also at a very reasonable price.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky-hydrosurge-pressure-washer/916019

I have a buddy who has done a video review of it and I followed up with a little video of my own.

His video:
    [video=youtube;7bTO58IWocM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bTO58IWocM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

3. JoeyV

and mine:
    [video=youtube;F5lvsbXnwLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5lvsbXnwLk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

4. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Thanks, ill check out those videos. How long have you had that preasure washer and how often is it used?

Does it have brass fittings?

5. JoeyV

I have had it about a month and a half so far, I used it about 40 times so far and yes, it has brass fittings.

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Its very interesting to hear your good luck with it when all I read online is that it is not a good unit. I'm glad to hear you have been pleased with it for the price.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

7. JoeyV

It's just like a rotary powered car, people who don't know how to use and maintain them blame the machine rather than their lack of knowledge. If the machine is well prepped, well plugged and well used, it works fine. I also read all the mixed reviews, and then noticed it was coming from people who don't know how to use tools and/or are expecting $1500 quality from $200 products. It's really simple to have a PW work well and last: make sure the water is on before using it, "prime" it, and empty it when you're done. Just that is enough to have it work longer than what most claim.

8. cleung

cleung Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I recently switched from an electric to a homelite gas 2200psi 2.0gpm washer and its been great so far and very reasonably priced.

9. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

I was just going to post that. That particular pressure washer has veen discontinued.

Back to the drawing board for me.

10. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

Hey Joey, what is the warranty on your pressure washer? 199 is a good deal at home depot.

11. JoeyV

2 year limited warranty. All electrical and engine/compressor components as long as they were well maintained and not abused.

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

I believe ot was 1 year but I'll double check. Every review i read was negative and the product has been discontinued so remeber that finding any replacement parts will be difficult.

13. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

14. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

so if something is wrong, I just bring it back to home depot within 2 years of purchase?

15. JoeyV

16. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

No. Its a manufacturers warranty so you deal with them. Home Depot is horrible to deal with when comes to customer service. Had a issue with a pressure washer. Iand they gave me the most difficult time with getting a refund. Saving a little cash isnt worth poor customer service.

17. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Any other people have any input on this particular matter?

18. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I have a Kranzle that I got from Phil.

Expensive but built like a tank. I wanted something to give me years of service. It is definitely maintainable (get parts) in case of an issue - no factory rebuild, etc. Spec wise in the same class as the mostly plastic cheaper electrics (2 GPM @ 1400 psi).. Gas offers more value but I do not like gas (noise, gas) so I gave up some portability (need to be near electricity). For cleaning cars, it is more than you need spec wise.

19. pokerfad

pokerfad Any Rag Vehicle Washer

the key to maintaining a healthy electric pressure washer is to make sure you clear the water out after each use!!!!! a good habit is to cleanse the lines with distilled vinegar prior to shelving your washer for an extended period of time (i.e. winter).

20. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

I may need to look more into the kranzle. Glad we don't have much of a winter here in Hawaii.

LoL