Pressure washer recommendation

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by kyoshiro, Jan 14, 2011.

1. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

So after going to the coin-op wash, i have fallen in love with the zomg pressure washer with rim cleaning via sonax FE
    so anyone know of a good compact pressure washer unit thats also cheap? :)

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Karcher K 3.67M, I had mine for a year and a half (used it once or twice a week year-round) until it finally crapped out. Coulda fixed it but decided to upgrade to a K 5.85M. Looks like Amazon sells the 3.67M for only $144 US now, I think I bought mine for $170 or $180.

3. kyoshiro

mmm 144, is there a foam cannon fitment for it?

and also i found this:
    HUSKY - Husky Electric Powerwasher 1550 - IDAF93966 - Home Depot Canada

any good? (i also think ken has one of this, ima call and ask)

edit:
    and i found this!
    http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product...=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1 (kens recommendation if i wanted a foam cannon)

4. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

If you find in Canada, Bosch Aquatak, you can try it. I have Bosch Aquatak 110, it has 110 bars. It's a good pressure washer to use at your home, or if not have a detailing business.

5. kyoshiro

seems like no bosch aquatak in Canada
    I may go to costco later today and see if they have the Karcher in stock with my 90bucks amex cashback LOL

6. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

Karcher is very good also. As Karcher, I have this . It's very good, but you can take one more cheaper.

7. kyoshiro

i'll prolly take the 3.67 which is like 1/2 of yours LOL
    but yeah, just gotta wait for mailman to see if my rebate is in today else i'll be doing my physics homework (sigh 1st year physics that i should of taken 4 years ago) and then ONR my GLK.
    However if i do get a pressure washer today, i'll pressure wash in the rain (just like i did at the coin op) just cuz i can :D

8. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

I would definitely recommend Costco for pressure washers due to their nice return policy, which is built into your membership fees anyways, it is where I'm going to get mine...soon. Fortunately they carry the K series which is a good line if your not using it often. and there are foam cannon adapters for it. The other model is only $40 more and comes with an induction motor. If I remember right, it was only $190 instore price. I never saw the 1800psi model in store before. The 2000psi model also comes with a foam attachment too, very pitiful but still amusing nonetheless.

9. Bunky

Bunky Guest

The 5 series is what I have been thinking about...has the better pump from their pro line.
    I figure if I had back luck with the 2 or 3 series and had to get a second one it would almost pay for the 5 series.

10. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

11. kyoshiro

his is 1500 psi husky and he paid 50 bucks
    the one on sale is 1550 (may be newer model)
    he said its worth 90bucks as its still working at his shop after 1.5 years or so

12. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

I bought a K unit at costco and it works fine.... I think its 1500psi or 1800 psi and does the job. The price was under $300.00 and it comes with Costcos amazing return policy ...

13. bakchoi

bakchoi Birth of a Detailer

Costco has the K5.68 2000psi with a small foam attachment for $189.99. There's a demo there with box open and I saw the foam thing.

Looks like this [​IMG]

14. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

I wonder how well that foams up. Anybody have experience with the karcher foam attachment pictured above?

15. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Yeah, don't bother with the Karcher foamer attachment. It only holds 4oz of product and it runs out real fast and only produces average foam. You will definitely need a real foam cannon.

16. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

I remember reading up on it and it does not foam up at all, but for its price that should be expected. Here is a video of it in action.

YouTube - Karcher foam bottle lance attachment in use.

It still probably makes for a good apc rinse use.

17. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

when it comes to pressure washer - you get what you pay for. You can buy a plastic pump Karcher, which will brake as soon as warranty ends, making you buy a new one, or you can invest in a higher quality pressure washer, like CamSpray 1500A, which meant to last and last and last...I love my Cam Spray!!!

18. kyoshiro

the costco reviews for the Karchers all say they break lol
    this is worrying

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

plastic pump is meant to be used occasionally (once a season)...with weekly car washing, it will break right around 14-18 months of usage...Just replaced mine with a Cam Spray, which has a metal pump. Karcher does makes alluminum pump, which meant to last twice as long as plastic, but it costs twice as much, so there is no point...
    Take my word for it, you need Cam Spray (be sure to check your fuzes, you are suppose to run it through 20A breaker, although I run mine through 15A without any issues...)

20. kyoshiro

but but but camspray is like 600 bucks and i'd have to order across the border :(