Pressure Washer + Lance

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Ch40t1c, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Hey guys, I'm trying to step up a level and buy a pressure washer to make things a bit easier, and was wondering if you all could reccomend some good brands/specific washers (and foam lances). I'm trying to keep it under $150, was thinking something like this for $60:

[​IMG]

but i'm not sure how it performs, or what "stats" I should be looking for when purchasing a pressure washer. I was definitely looking at Karcher as they seem to make some budget pressure washers.

Look forward to getting some feedback! :worship2:

2. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

I have a karcher, first ever PW and it works like a charm. Just make sure you get the karcher adapter for the foam gun if you ever plan on getting one.

3. Ch40t1c

Didn't know Karcher sold a specific adapters, thanks for the info! :thumb:

4. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

picked up my karcher pressure washer at BigLots for about that price. works very well for the cost! i think my foam cannon cost a few more bucks than the PW!

5. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Karcher doesn't, the foam gun/canon place should have the adapter.

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

7. Ch40t1c

Would 1550 PSI be sufficient?

8. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Unless your gonna be doing Graffiti Removal 1550 should be fine :cig:

9. Ch40t1c

Great, thanks Gordon

10. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Check around all the Pawn Shops in town, you can really find some Bargains if you don't mind crusing around looking at a Bunch of Cool Stuff/Shady Characters :crash:

11. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

GPM (gallons per minute) is more important than PSI. Anything close to or above 2.5 is a decent machine IMO.

12. Ch40t1c

Just picked one up 1600PSI and 1.3GPM for $70, I guess I'll see how it performs next time I get the chance to use it.

13. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You can also pick up some decent pressure washers from costco. I've seen electric ones for about $120...I've got one and it's 1850 psi...you don't need any more than that for detailing cars.

14. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Invest properly in a PW - don't buy the cheapest thing available and expect it to do a good job or last long.
    Karcher themselves will confirm that one you bought is considered to have a useful working life of around 25 hours max.
    It'll be noisy, and the cleaning power as a function of its flow rate and pressure, will mean if you want to really shift the dirt off after a foaming pre-wash, you'll need to have the nozzle about 2" off the paintwork.

I use something that's about 2-2.5x more powerful than that, with the nozzle no more than 6" away, and that still leaves the tenacious traffic film on, for the mitt and shampoo solution to contend with.

Spend the money once is my motto, not buy cheap replace often - as that's a false economy.

15. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It's very true that investing in the right tools make the job better. However, a proper pressure washer will cost way more than the budget the original poster has. I've been using a karcher I bought almost 2 years back just so I can see if I wanted to start using a pw. Mine still works fine and I've way surpassed the 25-hour life...an average of 4-5 car per week...you can do the math ;) So to start out when funds are tight, I don't see anything wrong with an inexpensive pw. That's just MHO.

16. Pressure-Washer

Pressure-Washer Virgin Detailer

Be careful WHICH Karcher that you get. I have been selling Karchers since 1991 and I can tell you that not ALL Karchers are equal. I have been to the manufacturing facilities in Germany and saw the different production lines at all plants. The quality of some models is unparalleled, the quality of others is OK at best. These price point machines are made to run about 150-200 hours, that's it. If you have a problem w/ them though, you should plan on chucking it in the garbage.

17. Ch40t1c

Alright, I have NO idea about what adapter to buy...I tried calling my local shucks, home depot, harbor freight ect, no one knows what I'm talking about. Tried emailing the company I'll be ordering my foam lance from but no reply in 3 days.

Here's the lance: 14.0263-Foam Applicators

Here's the piece I think I need: http://pwmall.com/website/Nproductdetail.aspx?ITEMNMBR=TCP1MB&BCATCHILDID2=2972&ID=2213

If someone could enlighten me it'd be much appreciated.

The pressure washer I'll be using is a Karcher K2.28

18. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

In order to connect that Foam Canon to the Karcher you need these

Coupler, Twist 1/4"MPT Socket

Karcher Adapter A

19. Ch40t1c

Just what I was looking for, thanks!

20. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Did you order already?

Polished Bliss Ltd Search

You can buy the foam cannon and the karcher attachment there. I think its $75 total shipped to the US