Pressure washer / Foam lance combo Q's?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by SRT8Spartan, Feb 16, 2012.

1. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

Hey guys, so ive been dealing with a crappy lance combo and now its about time to step up up. I have an industrial strength rigid for work out by my lake and dock but I don't wanna use that cause its much to powerful. I found this Karcher from home depot and it seems to be a good deal for what I'm gunna need it to do. I figure pressure and gpm aren't as important with foaming, so this seems like a good trade off price/use. Ive also seen a few guys on here with the MTM hydro foam lance and was wondering if i could get any feedback from those who use it. Any info on either is appreciated if anyone has used them.

1400 psi 1.3 GPM Electric Pressure Washer-K 2.050 at The Home Depot

http://compare.ebay.com/like/150716284577?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

2. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Spartan, how much money were you looking to spend on a PW?

3. Jaddie

Jaddie Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Dear Spartan

I did a lot of research, bought and returned a Powerwasher-brand washer, and finally decided on the Cleanforce 1800psi/1.6gpm washer, which is available at Home Depot for US$159.

I received it at Christmas and have used it about twenty times. One of the cool things about it is that it can be used in upright or laying-down positions. The pump has a two-year warranty.

To get comparable quality from Karcher, you'd have to opt for the 5.740 model, which costs US$279. And its pump doesn't come with a two-year warranty.

I'm using the MTM Hydro foamer with the Cleanforce washer and love it. Two ounces of Optimum Car Wash mixed with a quart of water leaves our van looking like a giant snowball. The soap that lands on our driveway is as thick as shaving cream and takes a full day to go away.

--Jaddie

4. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Good to know Jaddie!

5. SRT8Spartan

Thanks for the info guys! Jaddie that is awesome, think that right now is my most likely route. My only goal was to keep it mostly under 250. Seems to fit the bill

6. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I have been using a Powerwasher brand pressure washer for over a year. It's just powerful enough and works great. I paid $75 for it as it was on special. The only thing that bugged me is that the wand hose was only 8 feet long. I had it extended to 30 feet now and it's definitely a great bang for the buck. Even if this one doesn't last me another year, I will just go out and buy the same one again and have a bunch of spare parts should anything break.

I also got the AG foam cannon with the Bosch fitting (the what Powerwashers use).

7. SRT8Spartan

Jaddie, just wondering, what were your selling points over the Karcher? For the extra 60 bucks or so more what makes it that much better than the karcher? im not saying its not cause right now i am really liking that cleanforce and just looking at it on homedepot.

8. Jaddie

Dear Spartan

The selling points for me were the two-year warranty on the pump (Sumec brand), professional-style wand, built-in detergent tank, hose reel, electrical cord reel, and it can be positioned on its belly as well as upright.

It seems to be pretty well made, too. It's plastic but sturdy. The Powerwasher unit I bought and returned from Home Depot cost just US$65, and if it had been intact out of the box, I would've kept it. It wasn't built as well as the Cleanforce 1800HD, but for $65, it was a bargain.

By the way, my wife found a 15-percent-off coupon from Lowe's and got Home Depot to honor it, so she paid US$159.99 minus 15 percent.

I had been considering a gas washer, too, but after using an electric I know I don't want a gas washer. The electric is plenty strong and when I'm not using it, it makes no noise.

--Jaddie

9. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

The Karcher warranty is weak.

10. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Random question. Who are the expensive pressure washers marketed for?

I mean the average consumer probably won't use a $1200 unit for cleaning there deck. And for a professional setting they will likely use a gas powered one that is far stronger.

Are the pricey electric models meant for car washing?

11. SRT8Spartan

Good question, i have a 600 dollar Rigid unit i picked up on sale for 150 off and its gas/subaru engine and it works awesome. Great here for our dock on the lake cause every year it get a nasty layer of crap on it, and this summer i plan of cleaning the driveways nasty layer it has on it. I'd think if you want a stronger unit your want it to be gas, but ive seen super expensive electric ones, maybe someone will have an answer.

12. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

After going through 4 pressure washers in 5 years, the old saying "you get what you pay for" applies here. Bought a Kranzle haven't had a problem! No it's not the washer for weekend warrior, but when time is money, it's money well spent! No more dicking around trying to fix a problem. Quieter than gas, so I don't have worry about noise problems and complaints! Plus it's a run dry so damage shouldn't happen. I can draw water from a tank so rinsing with DI is easy.

13. SRT8Spartan

which kranzle model do you have? i have heard good things about them, my neighbor has one if i remember correctly. i remember looking at one online as seeing it for like 3 grand or something? :gasp: thats an epic power washer. id definitely get that is i had the cash, plus im sure it has a built in tv and espresso maker somewhere in there haha

14. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Could you post a picture of this setup?

15. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

As said in other threads, my goal is to get one this spring. I have read many reviews of the "consumer" ones and some are lucky with no problems but many are not although you see reports of even the prosumer Kranzles have out of box or early life failures.

I also think the used prosumer ones have some resale value.

16. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Lol, I have the 1120T. It's on there lower end of models. When I get a chance I'll post some pictures.

17. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

I need to buy a new one as well. Main thing I need is one with built in hose management. Its a pain to deal with the cord getting in the way of everything when doing mobile details.

18. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

That's one thing about the 1120T, it cleans up nice! Hose reel and cord reel.

19. Jaddie

Dear tdekany

Check out the manufacturer's pictures and let me know if you still want pictures of mine.

Notice the cord and hose reels and the third wheel, which allows it to work on its belly.

If money hadn't been an issue I would've opted for a Kranzle or Camspray, but now that I have some experience with this Cleanforce washer, I'd opt for it if I had to buy another. It costs about one-tenth of the Kranzle unit, which means I can afford to replace the Cleanforce washer nine times before I'll have spent the Kranzle's cost.

--Jaddie

20. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Only thing wrong with the Cam Spray is it requires 20A service, for mobile work you are hoping on the customers service or a 20A generator is a must! Cam Spray is an awesome machine though! Problem with the cleanforce is, it's all plastic! If this is being used for a business It's not going to last! 35lbs is the weight(little or no metal), Kranzle 74lbs, looks like all plastic, but under the plastic is all metal! Bearings in the wheels and cord reel. Get what you pay for!