pressure washer + foam cannon

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by SpecC, Sep 2, 2009.

1. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

yessssssssss i've got a fever for this too now... but i've got a few questions

how reliable are reconditioned karcher pressure washers?

I'm about to buy this one

Karcher K 2.900 MR Factory-Reconditioned 1,550 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer

Now for this foam cannon...

http://www.pwmall.com/p-139257-professional-foam-lance-w-64oz-bottle-sprays-up-to-20-adjustable.aspx

I'll need the following and I'm set, correct?

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/163141-post18.html

The site that is linked to those posts are down at the moment or I'd look myself. I am mainly wondering if I can buy the reconditioned karcher without worries. I probably won't use it that much. At most, every weekend or so, I'll foam the car.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I don't have a Karcher, so I can't direct you to the proper parts for the setup. I would look around on pwmall.com and see what you can find.

The reconditioned unit should be ok. The foam lance is the shiznit. I have the same one :D

Good luck and keep us posted.

3. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Karcher puts out alot of junk, having said that as little as you'll be using it you should be fine.

$2.99 Shipping :yikes: Thats a deal :deal:

4. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

5. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

You know what they say about ASSUMING....you make an "ASS" out of "U" and "ME" :giggle: (just had to throw that in....:thinking:My Father would be so proud :duh:)

Yes, the part number you have listed is the right one...:shead: I think :yikes:

6. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

For the recrod.. I went through two Campbell-Hausfield pressure washers in the matter of 8 months.. and I've had my Karcher for almost 10 months now with ZERO issues.

Ben, no, that is not the right one.

Pressure Washer Parts Online

The second one from the bottom.. 22mm-to-22mm femail adapter.

And an adapter that has a 22mm thread at one end (to screw in to the adapter above) and an adapter that fits the "quick connect" on the karcher guns. Maybe the one you linked above is right, but the site is down right now.

:roll:

7. d00t

Edit.. sorry Ben you'll need both the one you listed AND the one I listed to go from the 1/4" "plug" inlet, to a 22mm male.. then you need a female-to-female to connect it to the karcher "quick connect" wand adapter.

8. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

:rollinglaugh:^^^Now who looks FOOLISH :giggle:

You must not do to many cars, I had 3 Commercial Grade Karcher PW's I/We went thru in a 6 month time frame. So in my mind they will always be considered junk :kiss:

9. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

10. d00t

I do enough cars to keep me in business and profitable, just 'cause I don't post up every single car I wash/wax only the big details... and just because I'm not a volume shop doesn't mean I don't use my PW often. :roll:

Come on buddy, no need to attack me personally, I'm just stating my observations with the Karcher line to date.

11. d00t

12. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

and that's about 170 down the drain! my 35mm lens will have to wait now

13. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

I wasn't trying to attack you, just defending myself. I told SpecC the part he initially posted was the right one, then you responded saying it wasn't, and then came back saying it was the right part. :shakehead:

As far as Karcher, My experience with them was Horrible.If your only looking to use one for 1-2 hrs a week, you might get a year or so out of it. At that point your probally gonna want to upgrade anyway. And for $89 thats not bad :thumb:

14. d00t

I actually stated he'd need both the one he originally posted, AND the one I posted. He then posted one that kills two birds with one stone. I don't even know why we're arguing. And knowing Ben, he will only use it a few hours a week and Karcher is perfect for any weekend warrior

But again, thanks for the apology but I won't accept it on the principle that I'm not the first one that you have attacked, and then asked for forgiveness, you've done this way too many times and enough is enough :shrug: .

15. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Well then it sounds like we both have finally found something to agree on. I don't want to Argue with anyone either, I didn't join here to make enemies. Only to have a little fun, and hopefully help when I can. I have actually always enjoyed seeing what you have always had to offer, hopefully we can get over this bump in the road :flowers:

16. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

tyvm aaron. i just ordered it, and it should be here. i won't be using it until the weekend of the 12th, but this will be FUN!