Pressure washer choices

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Spyral, May 8, 2009.

1. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

How much will you be using your unit? If i remember correctly you are getting up your own business? From your other posts that is what i have gathered, and if that is the case i would say neither, invest in a higher quality unit, you will pay less for it in the long run...to be honest i would suggest a Troy-Bilt 2550 PSI with a Honda engine, 299 at Lowes...i had one until it got stolen, a good unit

3. Spyral

No business for me, I am just buying everything I see, I am an impulsive collector..lol..it will only be used on my car. Once a week, tops.

4. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Well then a cheaper unit might be alright then, sorry for the assumption. But i still like to buy something once, i feel it a waste to pay 100 for a pressure washer once every 3 months when i can have a quality unit for 3 years at least.

5. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

The foam lance provided with machines, are mediocre at best.
    Pays lip service to the idea of foaming, that's about the height of it.
    As above, for the price, don't expect too much from it on the basis of cleaning power and reliability - they're made to a price point rather than a to quality one.
    The least I'd spend on one, is $300, plus a proper lance - it's an investment, which if done right, means you'll have no concerns about picking it up, plugging it in, and it working like it's always done, 2, 3, even 5 years down the line.

Bit of food for thought - UK DIY FAQ

6. ptirmal

ptirmal Virgin Detailer

I had one almost exactly the same, it died within 30 days, good thing because I was able to send it back to amazon. Also the "foam dispenser" provides less soap than a foam gun.

7. Spyral

Can someone recommend me a good electric one?

8. ptirmal

ptirmal Virgin Detailer

Good electric ones can run upwards in $$. I believe Northern Tool has a good variety of electrics at different price points, but they start at around $400. The reason being the pump and motor.

9. Spyral

So a good gas one from Lowes is the way to go?

10. EisenHulk

EisenHulk Birth of a Detailer

That's what I have...A Troy-Bilt with a Honda engine. I've had it around eight months now, and I love it!

11. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Cam Spray unit. That's what I really want. They can be had as cheap as 669.00

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I don't know about you but I have the Karcher unit from Costco and it has hold up pretty well so far. Plus I prefer an electric one over a gas one due to noise.