Prep for Sale Pt. 1 -- Undercarriage

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Cobalt9123, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Cobalt9123

Cobalt9123 Virgin Detailer

So, as some of you from my other forums may know, I've been extremely busy with college lately :graduation:

This hasn't left me with much time to detail my own car as most of the time I'm detailing it's other people's rides. :shakehead:

Also, I've decided to sell my prized 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS. There is nothing wrong with the car, I've just decided that I'd rather sell it and have ~20 grand in my pocket :headbang:

I figure with $27,000 total after selling the car I can start contributing to a Roth IRA or other retirement account and retire a few years early and also have enough for a down payment on a house as I already have a 2007 Cobalt LT I drive daily.

However, Wendy White SS will be surely missed.

Due to work and college, I have to do the complete detail before I sell it in multiple parts depending on what days I'm off and free so there will be several parts to this escapade (at the moment I'm thinking four-Undercarriage, wheels/tires/wheel wells, interior, and then paint decontamination (rail dust) and correction.)

Today I decided to do the undercarriage.

I wasn't expecting to get perfect results and decided that whatever APC+ and SD wouldn't get rid of accompanied by some scrubbing I would leave on there as the next owner probably won't care as much as I do anyways.

But I wanted to add something to my 'For Sale' Advertisement that others might not have--a clean undercarriage :headbang:

Enough jabber, on to the pictures!
    --Befores--​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --Chemicals Used--
    [​IMG]
    --Tools Used--
    [​IMG]
    --Results--
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --Before & After Comparisons--
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also did the exhaust while I was down there :giggle:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, the results aren't perfect. There were a few areas that I couldn't get to and will have to do when I take the wheels and tires off for part 2. But overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for looking!

2. GTPAUL

GTPAUL DB Forum Supporter

Looks good. I have a Cobalt as well but unfortunately reliability has been less then stellar.

One question though.. how do you plan to get 20k for a used Cobalt?

3. Cobalt9123

Low mileage, factory warranty, extended bumper-bumper warranty, factory installed GM Stage 1 Performance kit, rarest color ever made.

In reality, I'll probably only get 18,000-19,000 but I just figured I'd say $20,000.

Thanks for the compliment!

I'm sorry to hear that your cobalt has had reliability issues. What year is it? I have both a 2007 Cobalt LT and this one (A 2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC). They have both given me great reliability.

4. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Great Job, the before and afters are really dramatic, probably be filthy first day after you sell it though, but you'll have the cash

5. Cobalt9123

Thanks!
    I'm sure it will as well. However, I think there's a psychological aspect that goes into it... :)

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Now that is impressive, especially for a Cobalt!

7. Cobalt9123

Haha, thanks!

She will be missed:
    [​IMG]

8. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Even if my vehicle goes through the rain the day after I wash it, it doesn't matter, the little things like this is what makes me feel good driving my ride when it's perfectly clean. Nice work!

-Kody-

9. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

Wow, that looks fantastic, what did you use on your exhaust tip?

10. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Great, now you've got me wanting to clean the underside of my GTI :p I'll wait till after the track day though, haha. Looks great!

11. Cobalt9123

Same here, thanks!

Just Meguiar's super degreaser and a brush. I actually haven't used any polish on it yet. Thanks!

Haha, thanks! Once you do it you'll be extremely happy with the results!