Pre Polymer Foam Pads......

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by chefwong, Jun 30, 2009.

1. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

Is all Prepolymer foam pads on the market the same....

Just short of the marketing word of prepolymer....pad design, thickness, eased edges, etc, is all pre polymer foam on the market the same ?

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

You may find an article " Foam Pads, Selection and Use" (in the detailing School section) of some help

3. chefwong

I actually read that before I posted as I knew it has some info on it....but nothing that was speciic to my OT

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Sorry I can't help you with " Pre polymer foam" I've been around polmer mfg for a few decades but I've never heard of this before

5. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

these are the new ones offered by gloss it, 3M UK and Sonus

6. chefwong

AM (american buffing) seem to offer a "pre polymer" foam pad in the white polishing pad lineup....

I don't recall any others listed by DM...

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

[How they work: The reticulated polyester foams' affect varies with pore size, measured in pores per inch (ppi). Their open-cell construction allows for fluids to permeate the pad to a greater degree than closed-cell materials, such as prepolymer foams, and their low tensile strength allows them to "mold" around contours more easily.]3M

Prepolymer sounds like a new marketing term for non- reticulated foam

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Really, they have it too huh...didn't know that :shead:

9. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I know that Amercian buffing have added "prepolymer" to their orange foam but it´s till the old regular orange european foam. It sounds like a buzz word.