Pre + Black WOW

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Bmer89, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

So a guy I work with has an Avalanche with all that plastic around the bed, and it was pretty faded. So I offer to restore it for him since I had Pre-WOW and Black WOW en route from DD.

Here are the results. Fantastic. It's called Black WOW for a reason!

This is what I started with:
    [​IMG]

Closer
    [​IMG]

Tried to do a 50/50 here but the wind blew the Pre WOW on the other side of the tape :p
    [​IMG]

Zoom out of that area
    [​IMG]

This is a 50/50 shot of the roof piece after JUST using Pre-WOW. Huge difference.
    [​IMG]

And same 50/50 with Black WOW
    [​IMG]

The owner was thrilled to have his black trim back. Now I will be looking after his rig, and the Mercedes he plans to buy his wife. Sweet deal!

2. Jordon

Jordon Two Bucket System Washer

"Black Holy Crap" more like! haha, that's wonderful. Great results.

How was the finish afterwards? Was it greasy at all?

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

this is one of the products I can honestly say "is a must have" its unreal, plus the longevity is unmatched. I have not found a product similar to this that performs at this level............

4. toyotaholic

toyotaholic Virgin Detailer

finally, a product I can use. black plastic on my tundra has been pissing me off. can't wait to use it!

5. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

Supposibly gtechniq c4 should give the same effect and less gooey involved. Didn't buy any last time

6. Kilo6_one

good to know........where can I get that?

7. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

troy has the 15ml in stock, pakshak seems to be oos

little goes long way and according to Rob, 15ml is good enough for anything but a full plastic bumper thats found on a volvo

8. Kilo6_one

k. Ill peep it I am going to Hawaii for two weeks, Ill check out Pakshak personally...........

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I coated my trim with Cquartz and it looks great this is another option to look into:)

10. Bmer89

The finish was not the least bit greasy, and it leave a very nice, natural look to the plastic. It seriously looked brand new. Application could not have been easier!

11. Jordon

Jordon Two Bucket System Washer

Oh awesome, that would be the only thing I was worried about, since I have no experience with this product. Great work.

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

great job, good to see pre-wow out as i have read about it fro some time and seems to be pretty good.

I did get C4 and love it, last heck of a long time (will be testing this) little goes long way and gives great look...have it on my gti now (hate that front grill and dressing it) so if it last a year i will be a very happy person. Now this trim sealant may not be good for customers unless they want to pay a good premium for the product but for personal cars it is a no brainier.

13. Jesstzn

Jesstzn Virgin Detailer

West Coast Detail Supply Home carries it .. I have had it for 3 years ... great & good life .. goes a long way . Its on sale there right now $5 off

14. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Wow! Hahah.

I had Black Wow on my 'want' list. Didn't know about Pre-Wow. But now that I do (thank you very much) both items will be purchased soon.

15. Bmer89

One thing I should mention, the bottle of Pre-Wow is kinda small, so I'd grab a couple. I talked to Richard about that, and if there's enough demand, he'll release a bigger size. I hope he does, it's an excellent product. The Black Wow however, goes very far. I hardly made a dent in the bottle with that whole Avalanche.

16. youngproper

youngproper Virgin Detailer

Appreciated

Cheers

17. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

I have my thoughts on using those hi-tech nano sealants/dressings on trim, especially if it's a customers car.. It's almost impossible to get these products off the surface again.

"Hello, I have a problem.. I had my trim on the car coloured to match the rest of the car, but the paint won't stick, even after the painter wiped it down with a silicone remover.."

I think you get the picture.

But, it is interesting with these nano-products. Especially for daily drivers.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

18. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I want to def pick up some Pre Wow I have Black Wow just have not tried it yet