PR: Lucas Slick Mist

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by christian900se, Jul 30, 2010.

1. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I am currently about 2/3s of the way done with the road trip I am taking with my dad from Newport Beach CA up to Olympia WA and the drive has been stunning so far. We decided to take our LS430 since that car is bar none the best highway car ever made, it left Newport completely prepped with a round of 85rd and 3 layers of Collinite 476s but along the way I knew it would be tough to keep it clean and I only brought a tiny thing of DG Aquawax. At one of the stops, I saw Lucas Slick Mist sitting on the shelf and I heard good things from those who mention it every once in a while so I figured why not give it a try...

I have to say, this stuff is great. One big thing that I have to give commendations for: it is the first product that claims it is able to be used in the sun that actually works no differently than in the shade. I have used it to clean the superficial layer of dust that builds up during the driving, plus using it to clean the bugs off the windshield and paint. It has shockingly good cleaning power for a spray wax as bugs disappear within 3 swipes of a MF. It leaves no film as you almost don't even need to buff the paint with a clean MF.

It leaves a very slick surface (slicker than DG by far) and smells like a cinnamon cake which makes it pleasant to use. Another plus I see is that it does not run down paint; most of the QDs I have run down vertical panels fairly quickly but Slick Mist almost clings to the paint. This makes it easier to take your time and reduces product waste from drips off the lower panels.

To summarize, it is a big bottle and cost me $9.99 in the middle of rural California. Durability is a question but beading is great and it leaves a super slick surface. I am trying to avoid plaecebo comments but I thought that bugs came off more easily after the first few times I used Slick Mist. I was surprised at how well this stuff worked and if you are in the mood to try a new spray wax, this stuff is not a bad bet!

(I will try to get before/after pictures of bugs tomorrow, 400 miles to go out of 1225 miles total)

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I've bought it at Autozone a cpl years ago. It is pretty nice. The bottle is pretty cool too.

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

thanks for the review

4. corvus.corax

corvus.corax Virgin Detailer

I used Slick Mist for awhile and definitely is one of my favorites QDs/Spray Waxes. The slickness is great, very close to FK 425 or OID, but it doesn't streak even under sun.

A good otc product indeed.

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Any detailing sites that carry it? Can't get it around here. Harleyguy sent me some, but I don't want to keep bothering him. Thanks

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

One of my friends has been using this for a while, he uses it on his new 4-door white M3. At first I laughed at him saying he was "had" and that it was typical Pep Boys bullshit product. But I tried it (on his car) and was pretty impressed. Leaves a SUPER SUPER slick surface and it actually beads really nicely...

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

hmmm. need to find :devil:

8. christian900se

It is all over the west coast in every gas station and auto store. I have to say the more I use it, the more I like it. I used it the most at gas stations to keep the windshield clean and it did a noble job, I had to laugh when a few of the splattered bug guts started beading up and rolling up the window haha. Anyway, here are a few pictures for you:

In Pebble Beach:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beading from the stupid sprinklers that hosed the car:

[​IMG]

Bugs Before:

[​IMG]

A few quick swipes later and a final buff:

[​IMG]

In Olympia Washington:

[​IMG]

9. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Nice car, had a LS400 and loved it.

10. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

nice car . . . . . its just is missing some bags and some 20" staggered wheels LoL. Joke. I do like that green a lot though . . . . very clean ride.

11. christian900se

I am back in Newport now but the car and my dad are going to be in Olympia WA for a year or so with no garage. I left the Slick Mist there as I found it did an incredible job as a drying aid when I did a quick ONR wash the morning I flew back. Overall, I would definately buy it again but right now, I will finish my bottle of DG Aquawax and then will most likely get a bottle of Slick Mist.

I agree with you guys on the car; this is a great car, my parent's regularly get offers from people while out and about to buy the car. I love the way this car looks as it is subtle yet stylish and would be even better with some spacers and an intake/exhaust.