Powerlock + Autoglym HD Wax rain beading

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Chaseme, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I let the PL cure for over 12 hours before laying down a layer of Autogylm HD Wax.

I'm super impressed. Powerlock is now my default LSP.

[​IMG]

2. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

That's the combination that I've got on my GTI right now...I love it :D

3. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

This is the combination I use in majority of my details and in my personal cars as well.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Sweet beading!

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

You don't need anything else but Powerlock for LSP...

6. Chaseme

Agreed. I just layered it for looks (as others gave suggested). I really think the beading is primarily because of the PL.

7. P1et

Sorry, I didn't meant to imply that one should not top Powerlock with a wax, just commenting on "Powerlock is now my default" LSP. I wouldn't say that Powerlock's best strenght is beading, although is pretty damn nice for a sealant!

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

in my limited experince with MPL, it is a awesome product, compared to Jetseal, even Zaino Z2Pro, which I use alot of.

Application and removal is very easy and it lasts. my only complaint is the cure time, Blacklight is a quicker cure time but where I live it is not as durable as CG claims.

9. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Kilo what do you like better MPL or Jetseal? I am have both and am getting ready to use some Jetseal on my white 4Runner.

10. Kilo6_one

MPL........ Jetseal does not seem to last very long in the dusty hot weather down here, I have some, but i basically stopped using it. Zaino Z2pro is a far better product IMO

MPL over jetseal anyday.

11. P1et

I agree, and have Powerlock, Jetseal and Z2 Pro. Jetseal is an easy on and off product, but Powerlock is easier on and off if that makes any sense. Problem with Jetseal is that I didn't like the durability. Didn't last very long at all, and the beading/sheeting it poor. I no longer use the Zaino Z2 Pro, pain in the ass to use when compared to all modern sealants. Probably time to get rid of it all and make some space on my shelf...

12. Kilo6_one

"modern sealants" I like that, it is very true Zaino is very antiquated, and has been around in its original formula for years. I use it on wheels primarily.......

I put some jetseal on a carbon fiber hood a month ago, and its pretty much gone now.

anyone want 14oz of jetseal cheap? LOL

13. Chaseme

Bump.

It's been well over a month and holding strong and beading very well.

In fact, it rained yesterday and I parked my car in the garage at noon and go to it this morning and there were still some beads left on parts of the roof.

14. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

MPL is the way to go. No need to change or buy more sealants for me. Applied 2 weeks ago, and washing was a joy, I enjoyed watching intense beading during the rinse. And even after the wash it had a little slickness on the surface left. Sadly, I never get through over a month without applying something else... This time Permanon Car Supershine (same thing as C2, in fact Permanon makes C2) Neither one is cheap and even buying from the distributor didn't save me a penny. The recommended application for this one is different. Spray on the wet vehicle, the water carries the Si14 to all the pores and then you wipe. Leaves a pretty intense shine, durability should be at least 4 months I hope. Got AGHD so looking forward to using that too.

And yes, I'm contradicting the first statement, but well its an addiction :p

15. Chaseme

Bump again.

It's been two months and still going strong. No noticeable degradation, still beads very nicely, and still has an awesome deep gloss look to it.

16. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Keep us in formed, MPL looks like a good candidate for me to try out next

17. Chaseme

Well...it seems this combo has broken down within the last couple weeks.

Time to redo it with a 'winter' combo.

18. Chaseme

3.5 months:

Diminished:

[​IMG]

19. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for the updates. I've gotten about 3 months or so out of powerlock each time I've used it. It's a good product but I prefer Collinite 845 to it for durability.

20. Chaseme

845 is going to be my winter coat. Going on soon.