Power Finish alternative

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by mrgolfrider, May 29, 2011.

1. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

So I have been using PF on a few one steps lately and really love that product. Is there anything out there that performs as well but is a little more cost effective? I know you get what you pay for.

Any input about this is appreciated. I am about to make a small order and didn't know if I should just pay the extra money for PF.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I know Prima Swirl is pretty similar to PF as far as removing the usual defects and finishing lsp ready with the right pad.

3. mrgolfrider

Price is about where I would like to be!

4. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Yes it's very well priced and offers great results. The Prima polishes IMO are often overlooked.

5. dankfanatic

dankfanatic DB Forum Supporter

u can also check out Gloss-Its one step machine polish. had decent results from using it on a friend's car.

6. mrgolfrider

Is that going in the right direction as far as price goes? I am willing to give Prima a chance with the price. I hear Gloss-it and think big bucks.

7. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I can say that when I'm all out of PF I will only buy more Swirl. I like it better.

8. dankfanatic

dankfanatic DB Forum Supporter

it is a few bucks cheaper than PF...

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Prima Swirl can finish off LSP ready and remove a fair amount of defects with the right pad, Meguiars D151 has great cut and finish, Meguiars new D300 compound surprised me on how well it finished out for me

10. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

excellent info here. thanks.

11. mrgolfrider

I'm glad I could start a new topic that can help the community.

12. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I have used all the Menzerna line as well as most of the Megs line too. Recently I tried 3D's UNO on Megs 5" MF pads - it's the best I've seen. I have some Menzerna left that I plan on selling or trading rather than letting it sit and dry up.

13. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

D151 is great one step for cars you want to get in and out, but actually finishes very nicely depending on the pad Ive used it on Chevys, toyotas and a VW jetta and it worked fine

14. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Wow thats pretty strong. Everyone on the "other" site raves about UNO but i haven't really heard anyone come out and say its better to work with than Menzerna. You honestly feel that using Uno on the PC is better than using Power finish or Megs 205 on the PC?

15. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I just got my bottle of UNO in I hope to use it soon

16. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

It's on it's 3rd reformulation now, the 1st one wasn't that great. Thinking about picking up the Uno 3.0 soon when they release the new Nitro Seal that David F. did a preview on.

17. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Another product that is overlooked is Mothers Professional Machine Glaze 82332, several of the guys over at moddedmustangs.com as well as myself have tested it as a one step on different vehicle and it works great and finishes down nicely. The bottle I have was sent to me to test out from Jim at Mothers and a little goes a long way it also has a nice working time.

18. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Presta ultra cutting creme light, cuts as much junk out, half the price.

19. mrgolfrider

Thanks for all the suggestions

20. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

ohhh i gotta check that out. someone told me they have a glaze that fills in amazingly too.