Post your best pics with your entry level SLR...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by dsms, Oct 28, 2008.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Im not going to lie, this thread is for me:waiting:. I know little about SLR cameras and am looking to buy my first one. Of course there are the obvious choices, the D40, Rebel etc. but instead of just having a thread stating which entry-mid level SLR I should buy how about you post up your best pictures, un-editied (of detailed rides if possible) and I can visualize how these cameras actually perform. If you have additional lenses please include which one. I hate the words entry level, but since I know very little about professional photography I am am looking to buy an entry level type camera, that is fairly easy to use but takes incredibly sharp pictures. My goal is to keep the cost under about $700.

Post up your best!

Thanks in advace

2. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Canon Rebel XT:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:catfight:

4. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

the xti is a great starter camera

5. ghost28

ghost28 Birth of a Detailer

D40 with stock 18-55 lens.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

taken wit the same D40 but with a 70-200 nikon lens

[​IMG]

the next two were taken with D40 and Nikon 70-200 except my wife was hangin on with one hand and shooting with the other at 70mph subject boats traveling 85+mph....:worship2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we are doing a little fall shooting this weekend....i will post more if the weather cooperates

6. oneshare325

oneshare325 Two Bucket System Washer

Nikon d60 here...had it for about 3 weeks, and maybe shot a total of 30 pictures.....just been way to busy, but I still love it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ghost28

a few more fall shots i took yesterday at my summer cottage.....my wife was jealous of them thus the fall shooting this coming weekend....shes the camera guru not me so lets see what she does....

Basic kit lens 18-55.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i know she has some more detailed shots around i will have to ask her where they are hiding....

8. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Those are all awesome pictures. What do you guys think about the Canon Rebel XTS?

9. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

i Have heard good things about it

10. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Here is one I took last month with a borrowed Rebel ... I took a bunch but for some reason this one stood out the most. Not bad for being about 35 rows up ... I did crop it so it's not 100% clear

[​IMG]

11. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

They go for cheap at Costco. It's called an XSi. Here's some info from Canon's site....

It features Canon's EOS Integrated Cleaning System, Live View Function, a powerful DIGIC III Image Processor, plus a new 12.2-megapixel CMOS Sensor and is available in a kit with the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens with Optical Image Stabilizer. The EOS Rebel XSi's refined, ergonomic design includes a new 3.0-inch LCD monitor, compatibility with SD and SDHC Memory cards and new accessories that enhance every aspect of the photographic experience.

........ So from this information, I've deducted that it can take pictures. Anyone else?

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Wow, I want a REAL camera so badly now, LoL.

13. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

The Rebel XT takes a very sharp picture:applause: Thats with the stock lens P1et?

Keep em comming guys!

14. ghost28

i am partial to Nikon but have heard good things about the rebel as well....

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Yep, just stock lens! Nice 'n easy...

16. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

No kiddin Denz!

dsms, great idea for a thread :thumb:

17. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I try my best:giggle: Honestly I hate making quick decisions, I want to see what most of the cameras I am cosidering are capable of before I commit. Now I'll ask a pretty general question, here it goes. What dSLR's out there (within the entry level makret) take the sharpest pictures, even if you mix and match a body and les? To me thats probably the most important aspect of a camera and if im going to being capturing all of my details I really want the cars to pop with uber clear and detailed shots.

Again, keep em comming and thanks for those who have put on pics already.:applause:

18. I have a Nikon D80. Way too expensive for a beginer. I'll post up pics just for comparison purposes. In fact, you'll probably think the cheaper cameras take better photos after seeing mine hahaha! I wish I'd picked up an XTi + photoshop. Instead, I went wild with lenses camera, super nice tripod, and now I have no money left for post-processing equipment :crasy:

Some of these pics were taken off of my facebook (meaning they went through the compressor, then were re-sized AGAIN) since the real versions are back at home not at college. Some of them don't look so great :shrug:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

You think the XTi is a better option?

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Hey, that's Geico! a 15 minute call could save you 15% or more on car insurance (over Farmers or State Farm which rip you off)...:applause2::yikes: