PosiTest DFT Paint Thickness gauge

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. eShine

eShine Guest

Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.defelsko.com/PosiTestDFT.htm

When I ordered Carlos' gauges I spoke to the rep about these. I have one to try and man does it work good. It is quick, and repeatable results.

I see Phil sells these, Phil do they sell OK? I bought a few to sell on eShine, I will have to see if people are wiling to spend $695 on one!

2. Nica

Nica Banned

I am :wicked: man $695 is cheap compared to what I purchased :crasy::crasy:

Wait did you say you got one? Can I use it? I'd like to test it out too :confused: worth asking :D

Oh as far as if they are worth it, PosiTector is one of the best paint gauges out there in the market...there is one company superior to PosiTector...mmm..can't recall the name but the cheapest gauge is in the $10,000.00 range now that's :crasy:

3. eShine

eShine Guest

Well your gauges you ordered are better than the DFT but the DFT definately gets the job done. The gauges you ordered have a remote proble instead of built in like the DFT.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I know but the DFT makes for quick readings :thumb: oh and not to mention is very acurate too :wicked:

I was actually considering purchasing the DFT with the rest of the other gauges as well...but then I thought to my self why have three :confused: :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

Come on Chris your supposed to talk me in to purchasing not out of it :cheers:

5. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

chris your killing me. i have wanted to orcer one of these for a while but with some school bills comming in im not going to be able to... perhaps when i can write it off... ohh well another thing to add to the list

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh Mr. Vintage here can't afford a PosiTector :rolleyes: right :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh: sorry Calgary just couldn't help my self :duh:

7. eShine

eShine Guest

It sure is handy having no probe. I cant believe how fast it reads. I did not play with your gauges so I cant compare them. I ordered three DFT's, really dont know how they will do on the webpage. I figured worse case is I keep one and just need to sell two. LOL

8. eShine

eShine Guest

Wow, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I already have two bites. I may sell these afterall. LOL

In all honesty, using a rotary or even attempting to wet sand without one of these gauges it taking a huge gamble. One "Oops" and you will wish you spent the $695!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm...if you get stuck with two of them I'll take one of your hands...I have a friend that would like one...:rollinglaugh:...seriously I do have a friend that wants one....but I have a feeling they will sell fast...call it a hunch :confused:

Actually FMINUS has one too, I think it's the DFT.

10. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I think mine is only a bite rightnow, nohook line and sinker yet. I need to pay off christmas first... arg i hate chirstmas, costs meto much :(

So do these read ferous and no ferous materials?

11. eShine

eShine Guest

Yes, I only ordered the DFT Combo which reads both.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Calgay you took the words right out of my fingers :rollinglaugh:

Nice :applause: the DFT Combo is nice

oh Chris so are you going to be carying the PosiTector gauges now?

13. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

hmmm...700 bones...that is a lot! I would have to think about it. I don't think I detail enough to need one. :p If I need one I will just go on a crime spree and break into Nica's house hahaha.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

hahaha you can try but I just upgraded my alarm system, surveillance cameras everywhere :rollinglaugh: getting my house set up for a big ticket item :wicked:

That and I got nosy neighbor hahahaha

15. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D maybe I will talk him into running a truck into your fancy alarm system LOL!

16. eShine

eShine Guest

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Don't joke the guy's "goofy" :crasy: that way.

Boy that didn't take long :thumb:

Seriously though I'm sure you will sell a bit of them they are by far one of the best gauges out there...trust me I re-searched lots on these gauges :coffee:

18. eShine

eShine Guest

It is nice when the manufacturer has good info. Copy and paste. I will have my first batch by the weekend and considering they wont be flying off the shelves I figured it would not hurt to get em on the page now. I'll have them in our December flyer.

19. Nica

Nica Banned

You can do that? mmm..interesting. But I yea the website has good info on them and if you phone in the guys bombard you with info :confused: took me a wile to go through all the info they gave me :computer:

man I'm liking the smilies :wicked: what a forum :thumb: hahahaha

20. eShine

eShine Guest

Hell ya. You can copy info off webpages so long as you are purchasing from that company. It is marketing that they share with distributors. 99% of the time they will even tell you to copy their info before you have the chance to ask.