Porsche Gen 1 & Gen 2 GT3RS Full Film Wraps Plus Detail

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Auto Concierge, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Two full clearfilm wraps on beautiful Porsches, one a Gen 1 GT3RS and the second a Gen 2 GT3RS 4.0. Both cars had their old film removed and the finish corrected/polished as needed for the best result.

Removal of the old film which was on the car since it was new, and it did it's intended job of protecting the car all those years before now.

[​IMG]

Kris from KME Autowerks and I removing the film.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done with that portion of the job, great forearm workout.

[​IMG]

Paint polished before wrap going on.

[​IMG]

Evan & Mike from KME Autowerks working on the bumper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bumper re-installed, rear quarters being wrapped.

[​IMG]

Engine bay cleaned of soapy water residue from wrapping operations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All completed, film looks great with clarity and protection as this car gets DRIVEN.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hitting the road where this car belongs.

[​IMG]

997 GT3RS 4.0

Same story, original film was removed and the front end was corrected(Original film wrap was installed over sanding scratches and marring) the rest of the car was in good shape as I had done a major correction on this car last year and the owner is pretty good about maintaining it.

Wheels however were very dirty, and this was a little bit of a challenge as I was not dismounting them and no wheel brush can fit into this spoke configuration. So it was repeated soakings with a safe but powerful wheel cleaner(Non-cleared polished lips to protect) and a pressure washer for the better part of a hour.

[​IMG]

Light decon after the wash.

[​IMG]

Built up dirt from last year(This car has OVER 7,500 miles which is unheard of for a investment vehicle like a Gen 2 4.0 which fetch presently $325,000-350,000 dollars).

[​IMG]

Clean up accomplished.

[​IMG]

BBS Motorsport tightness looking clean(For now..........).

[​IMG]

Although not a wheels off this time, the car was still on the lift from the film work over the whole car except the wing and engine decklid and the camber droop allowed me room to get at the dirty wheel wells.

[​IMG]

The owner uses the three pedals in this car...............a lot. Now cleaned up.

[​IMG]

Crisp clarity with the film wrap on.

[​IMG]

No lifting edges, lot's of work went into this film wrap job and detail.

[​IMG]

For most cars on the road this is the view they will see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10K in CGT seats.............................. in all things this car is winning cleaness.

[​IMG]

Final wipedown before delivery.

[​IMG]

2. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Both look amazing. I am partial to the white and gold BBS combo though. Such a classy look.

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Sweet, love your work and pics!