Porsche 996 Carrera 4S Cab - Swissvax Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, May 18, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

I was contacted by the owner after he saw some of the work I have been doing on a couple of cars near to where he lives. Initially he just wanted the car washed but when explaining what could be done to the paint work, he opted for correction to be carried out. The car in question was meant to be red, but had lost all depth in the paint work, for me this was going to be an exciting detail.

The car before starting any work:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Initially the car was rinsed

[​IMG]

The alloys where cleaned with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, tyres with Surfex APC as was the arches, door shuts and engine bay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car was then snowfoamed (excluding the roof) and crevises/badges aggrigated with a detailing brush.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car was rinsed, the washed with Swissvax Car Bath using lambs wool wash mitt and 2 bucket method and rinsed.

[​IMG]

To remove the tar spots, Autosmart Tardis was used, then the car was rinsed then clayed using Swissvax Paint Rubber

[​IMG]

The car was washed once again, dried with a dryer and waffle towel, it was time to inspect the paint work :(

I found a lot of deep scratches on the back and lots and lots of swirls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I took some paint depth readings

[​IMG]

Taped up the car and started to the correction. I opted for Swissvax cleaner Fluid Pro for the correction on a polishing pad as if worked correctly car also refine but in some places moved to 3M FCP on a polishing pad.

[​IMG]

Some nice 50/50 shots during the correction

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once correction was done, then cleansed the paintwork with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid left to cure, buffed off then applied Swissvax Mirage wax (Inc door shuts)

The wheels were initially done with Swissvax cleaner fluid, removed, then Swissvax Autobahn was applied to the alloys and Swissvax Pneu to the tyres.

The windows were cleaned with Swissvax Crystal, the exhaust with Swissvax Metal Polish.

The interior was treated to Swissvax Leather Cleaner and hoovered.

Engine was treated with Chemical Guys Silk Shine

The hood was treated to 303 Fabric Guard.

The end results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Some correction shot

[​IMG]

Finally some reflection shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Owner was very happy with the result and got me booked to do his other car...

Thanks again for viewing

Robert

2. Jav.STi

Jav.STi Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice work! I hope the owner was happy. The car is back to new condition!

3. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

Was very happy to the extent im head up on Friday to do his other car (which aint as cool, but still a car to correct)

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

amazing work! Lovely colour!