Porsche 911 Speedster - Swissvax detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

After my demo day at the Porsche Centre in Glasgow I was in invited to carry out a correction on this 22 year old Porsche 911 Speedster. I always hear horry stories about Porsche paint system being "sticky", but i have experienced any of these issues and was a very enjoyable detail. The owner had washed the car for me and put it into the garage waiting on it. Let the pic doing the talking :)

How i was given the car(to be fair most people would accept in this condition)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car was clayed with Swissvax Paint Rubber, then wiped down with Swissvax Quick Finish, then taped up ready for correction:

[​IMG]

Took some paint depth readings:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And attempted to take some swirls pics, found this very difficult as i struggle to show them on a white car:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Corrected with 3M FCP on a CG Hex-logic cutting pad (orange) then refined with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro on a CG Hex-Logic polishing pad (white):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then applied Swissvax Cleaner Fluid to the paint work and the alloys then applied Swissvax Crystal Rock to the paint work and Swissvax Autobahn to the alloys:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Applied Swissvax Nano express to the black trim, Swissvax Crystal to the Windows, Swissvax Seal Feed to the rubbers. the owner didnt want anything applied to the tyres as liked his Wonder Wheel tyres gloss.

the Interior was treated to Swissvax Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior was hoovered, and pedals cleaned with APC.

The end results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next days I removed any further evidence of the wax curing and applied 303 Aerospace fabric protectant to the hood:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing

Robert

2. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Very nice!

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Really nice!