Porsche 4.0 GT3RS Corrective Detail

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Auto Concierge, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

This car is DRIVEN like designed and the first pics of this car frolicking on roads "Up North" with Sharkwerks 4.1 GT3RS show evidence of this, client wanted the car back to street clean status from "Track B**tch" condition and this is what I do.

After the Paris to Dakar rally................................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting ready to wash.

[​IMG]

Even though the wheels would be removed, I wanted to pre-clean as much as possible.

[​IMG]

After the 1.5 hour wash/decon it was time to get started, factory pigtail sanding scratches on the wing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good readings.

[​IMG]

That issue dealt with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roof had sweeping deep arch scratches, broke out the rotary with a twisted wool pad.

[​IMG]

Imbedded brake dust particulate in these BBS Motorsport non-cleared lips.

[​IMG]

Elbow grease machine was utilized.

[​IMG]

With the cleaness.

[​IMG]

Car was "Gently driven" to Sharwerks down the street, needed their two post to be able to get the height needed to clean the under trays without being on my back. *Note the winning tightness in the foreground*

[​IMG]

Wheel road butter & crust.

[​IMG]

In progress cleaning pic.

[​IMG]

Now clean with some Net Shield applied.

[​IMG]

Even though I cleaned the wheel some during the wash, after the wheels came off quite a bit more was needed.

[​IMG]

During cleaning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheels back on and torqued(Five lug conversion from centerlock stock configuration on this 4.0 GT3RS).

[​IMG]

Underpanels cleaned.

[​IMG]

Sneaking back to my shop late in the evening.

[​IMG]

Engine cleaning time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Starting to get the "Look".

[​IMG]

Polished carbon seat shells.

[​IMG]

Door sills as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sparkling cleaness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

I wish I lived somewhere where I even see these cars you get to take care of great work as always!! Love the little snotty mirror touch the owner has there.

3. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

Nice work on the wheels Bob. I was wondering are they bare aluminum, cleared aluminum, or what type of finish was it for the lips of the wheel? What did you use to clean them up?

Limny

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

nice work Bob, I love this car!

5. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Great work Bob :)

6. Jokeman

Jokeman Two Bucket System Washer

Tight White!

7. 604_skyline

604_skyline New Member

Bob,

Couple quick questions if thats ok with regards to the wheels. I am glad I came across the post of yours...as I have the exact same set of bbs e88 coming for my bmw m coupe. What was sprayed on the wheels in your pic with the pre clean caption with the wheels still on the car? Sonax? something to turn into purple....

Secondly as you mentioned these have bare aluminium lips, how careful do I have to be with these lips? the regular silver centres are clear coated are they?But the lips are totally raw...Finally what would you recommend for a coating/protectant for these wheels, both centre and lip, that is if anything is safe for the bare lips?

Thanks for your time and help, and again glad to see someone who has some experience with these wheels....

8. 604_skyline

604_skyline New Member

Limmy,

the wheels are a true bbs motorsport wheel, they are really not recommended for street use, although some guys do use them on the street. they are indeed just bare aluminium lips. the good thing with these is bbs motorsports again different from regular bbs will sell you any pieces you need should something arise, you can buy new centre's, barrels, lips, etc, they are a 3piece wheel.

like say with a regular bbs lm, there is no spare parts if something happens to one of them you would have to purchase a brand new wheel...

for the e88's on the porsche above, silver as picture and there is also gold centre's are what bbs stocks, although they will finish is whatever colour you desire, i personally have scene silver, gold, and black... bmw and porsche fitment only, both 18 or 19 inch diameters, and either 5 lug or the centre lock is also available...

9. C230AMG

C230AMG New Member

Bob:

Could you tell us what stuff you used to clean & wax this beauty.

10. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Ultra super job Bob . Car looks outstanding !!! Love your work.