Poor Man's Foam Gun??

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Mr. Shine, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Mr. Shine

Mr. Shine Birth of a Detailer

Hey, question. Has anyone ever seen this before?

[​IMG]

I found it at Harbor Freight.....paid $10.00. Curiosity had gotten the better of me and I had to purchace it. Looks pretty sturdy, mostly cast aluminum and resin.

I have a black MKIV GTI this morning that I am going to give it a whirl on.

2. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Poor Man.....:shead: Are you making fun of Me? lol

Although Harbor Freights merchandise has failed me on every occasion, I'm intrested in how this preforms.

:waiting2: on a follow up.

3. Mr. Shine

I know, right?

I am sure it will not be an epic fail considering it is not blaze orange in color and branded with the famed 'Chicago' name.

I'll post pics with the verdic later.

4. - Z -

- Z - Virgin Detailer

As long as you’re not requiring an unvaried dilution ratio. The water enters the shampoo container and gradually dilutes it, as you go. Also the glass container can get broken easy.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have one and have been using it for a long time. LOVE IT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

What's that mixture in the 2nd picture p1et?

7. 68Stang

68Stang Birth of a Detailer

3 parts kryptonite and 1 part plutonite. It's pretty lethal.

8. richy

richy Guest

Creme de menthe and whiskey.

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I think it is time for you guys to upgrade to pressure washer and foam lance.

10. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

i use that thing too. it's great! make you rinse it thoroughly inside with water or it'll get clogged like crazy

11. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

i've heard these things are more like soapy water dispensers than foam guns. i guess it gets the job done though, to a certain extent.

12. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

You sir are correct.. A foam gun it is not... Foam guns that you hook up to your hose aren't that expensive...

13. richy

richy Guest

Lookey lookey who decides to post again!! Welcome back Jason...good to see you around My surrogate Canadian buddy!!

14. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Ha ha... what's up buddy... I have been up to my arse in polish lately and haven't been posting much....

15. Mr. Shine

Well the verdict is in............not very impressed.

For the purpose of applying car soap.....I guess it does what it is designed to do, however I have been a slave to my process of two bucketing for quite some time now. It seems like time taken to set everything up is equal to my current method, so therefore no time is being saved.

Although, I did fill it with wheel cleaner and had some very positive results. Just another tool in the arsenal.

16. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Sounds like Harbor Freight is still selling junk :shakehead:

:applause2:Thanks for the review though, :shead: wheel cleaner huh...intresting

17. sluggerjd

sluggerjd Virgin Detailer

[​IMG]
    I just tried this yesterday and it worked lol give it a shot but clean out the bottle first! I couldnt imagine what plant feed could do to paint.

18. Mr. Shine

Love it!!! Now that's being resourseful.:idea:

That thing was proboly cheaper than the thing I bought. I can see Miricle Grow realeasing their new product line 'AUTOGROW-Wash your car, feed your lawn, never change attachments.'

Innovation......just like the people who brought us the PEZ dispenser.

mmmmmm......PEZ!

19. sluggerjd

sluggerjd Virgin Detailer

Funny thing is I "fed" the lawn and garden right before I soaped my ride.... It works so well LOL I wish it could FOAM tho!

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Not trying to be a downer here but, after you try a few of these cheaper alternatives and are not satisfied as I know I wasn't you will have already spent the money it would have cost for a true foam gun... just do it:applause2: