poor boys

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by bryansbestwax, May 21, 2008.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I am looking for some feedback on the following Poorboys products, APC, Bold and Biright, Bug Squash, spray and rinse wheel cleaner.

2. devast8

devast8 New Member

I've tried everything beside the APC (I use ZEP) and every product are great. The only thing I would add is the wheel cleaner is really strong, use it only on really bad wheels.

3. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

I agree with Devast8, all the products listed are great. The APC is nice. It cleans trim and tires very well, similar to ARO. The APC can be diluted as well and still be effective.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Poorboys makes some great products! Just don't buy the EX-P, it's crap.

Their Bug Squash is excellent, I dilute 1:1 and it works fantastic. Also, their Natural Look is currently my favorite tire dressing.

5. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Bold n' Bright is a great dressing. It soaks right into the tire. One coat for a "silky" look and two coats for a glossy look. Absolutely no sling. It's a great product as most Poorboys products are.

6. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

I couldn't believe that a tire dressing could leave no residue after a few minutes, it's cool to feel.

7. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

APC aside (haven't used it), the other three mentioned are excellent products in my humble opinion.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

The only product I use of Poorboys is the Bug Squash, works really good, so good I purchased a large container of it :thumb:

Bug squash gets my :thumb: up.

9. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I don't know why I'm not surprised:lol2:
    J/K my friend ,but you are absolutely right ,bug squash is one great product.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Bug Squash, Natural Look, Super Slick and Suds, Spray and Rinse, Polish with Sealant are some of the best products!

11. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

another vote for BNB and PB's NL ..

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Their QD is excellent as well, one of my favorites!!!

13. Joyriide1113

Joyriide1113 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I love all of Poorboys products. Their Polishes are very "fish" (newb) friendly and work great with a DA.

Their Leather Cleaner and Conditioner "Leather Stuff" is also a good one. A bit to shiney for some (I tone it down with a towel), but its the best cleaner/conditioner hybrid out there.

14. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

Bug Squash here at 3:1 in Ca. Excellent.

15. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

Ya thanks, I just had to buy the 32oz size....

anyways, yes their polishes are great, their waxes are very durable and easy to use, and their other products are solid. I guess the name turns people off, but they are really high quality products.

16. bryansbestwax

Thanks fellas, I have been looking for a few chemicals to compliment the other I currently have. I will definitely give them a try.

17. jdl612

jdl612 Virgin Detailer

Love the Natural Look

18. wytstang

wytstang Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Just a heads up I would be careful using there APC for interior duty. It actually stained some trim peaces of mine. I started 8:1 then something like 10 or 12:1 and it still stained. I use it for exterior use only. BS is good and I like there trim restorer as well along with S&W and S&G very solid products.

19. bryansbestwax

I bought a gallon of bug squash, good stuff

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, Meg's APC is quite strong but I haven't seen any staining effect but I've been diluting it minimum 10:1 now. Most of the time 20:1 specially if the vehicle has leather seats.

But good to know, I'll have to remember that. Thank you for sharing :peace: