Polymer wax?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by StigBjerke, Mar 17, 2014.

1. StigBjerke

StigBjerke New Member

My question is really simple. What's the difference between a normal sealant versus the polymer one that for example Maguiar's has?

And how does this work as a base for a carnauba like Maguiar's Gold Class or AMMO cremè?

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

sure thing typically sealants will last longer than a carnauba, I have not used Meg's Polymer Sealant however I believe most sealants will have a polymer content in it.

3. StigBjerke

StigBjerke New Member

So polymer waxes is just a fancy name for synthetic sealants? I'm really just looking for the strongest sealant possible. And that it's cacable of having a layer of caranuba on top of it.

4. mikek82890

mikek82890 New Member

hey phil and stigbjerke i have the meguiars polymer sealant and it works great excellent shine and good protection! Gloss is really great too and is decently priced

5. QUENGA

QUENGA Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sealant = Polymer Sealant = Super Polymer Sealant = Synthetic Polymer Wax = Hydrophobic Super Synthetic Polymer Super Hybrid Wax Sealant Mumbo Jumbo.

All sealants are synthetic waxes and use polymers to bond and protect the surface. Whatever else they choose to call it doesn't really matter, a Polymer Sealant is no different than a Sealant. I could be wrong, but I'm not a scientist, I just read a lot.