Poll: What should DD get for a new daily/ride : )

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by detailersdomain, Feb 22, 2009.

?

What would you buy?

1. 04 BMW 330i ZCP 6speed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 08 Subaru WRX STI

32.1%
  3. 08 VW R32

39.3%
  4. 04-06 Mini Cooper S

28.6%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

looking at dumping the work truck and getting something a little more fun.

what do you guys think..

04 BMW 330 ZCP Sedan 6sp
    08 Subaru WRX STI
    04-06 Mini Cooper S
    08 VW R32

2. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

depends where u live? for winter the sti. If your lucky enough to have no snow or salt, then the BMW just my choices.

3. detailersdomain

bmw looks like the best bet for the next 3 seasons we do get snow which makes the sti the best choice however

the 330 and the mini would be just about a direct trade....the subie and the vw would be some out of pocket....

sorry forgot to throw that in.

4. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

I've got a friend that will give you a great deal on an STI if you want to come up to Cape Cod!

BMW getting tired, I hated my Mini S, VW is nice but auto only is a drawback.

STI's are being given away because people have been less receptive to the looks/hatch/whatever. Uber-reliable, track prowess, room to pack all your detail gear and friends etc... in white please:D

5. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

my vote is for the R32, because of my bias to vw/audi vehicles haha. but honestly i think the STi might be more fun, and obviously much quicker. you'd be surprised how much you can fit in the new MKV GTI's/R32's if you put the back seats down. i can fit almost all of the necessities for a detail in my GTI if i really need to.

oh and the 330i's are turds in my opinion. i drive them all the time at work (BMW stealership), and they're not very impressive. nice cars, but eh.

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

WERE IS THE AUDI CHOICE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I would say Golf R32, they got 4x4 also you know ;) And the DSG is sweeeet.

7. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

Bmw cpo!

8. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

The STi gets my vote..a member here has a sweet one and they have really grown on me..

9. detailersdomain

its funny you really don't like the 330 zcp package...

the r32 i know I can fit everything in and its awd...

ketil don't forget I have the rs6 nothing is going to replace that but the new one which the us will never get : )

so no audi on this one was thinking allroad but nah...

sti well if it was in the 24-25k range it would already probably be here but its 28-31 so $$$$$ is a factor....

10. pirex

Nothing replaced, okey. Then I am with you! When are you inviting me over for a ride in the RS6? ;)

What about Audi S3? Audi Q5 is awsome..

11. detailersdomain

drove the q5 great ride but not for me.

we don't have the s3 in the states.

12. pirex

Too bad you don`t have the S3. What about...hmmm..S4? or maybe a bit higher in price.

13. detailersdomain

nah I had 3 of them already : )

2 b5's and 1 b6

if I get anything it may be the new one but still nothing beats out the rs6.

I would consider the rs4 but its too high for a daily that I would do mobile details in : )

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

STi for me. I would think it'd be the cheaper vehicle of the four to maintain but I could be wrong.

15. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Audi"s are great! If the dealer wasn't 1 1/2 hrs away I would still have mine.

16. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

STI gets my vote.

17. detailersdomain

I thinking the sti would be the best bet if I can swing the payments.

18. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

maybe wait it out for the B8 S4 sedan/avant? im hearing good things, but the price tag might be not what you're looking to pay. i forget how much they're projected to be priced at...

19. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

No Lexus love?

sti then :(

20. detailersdomain

52k to 58k would not be good for me for a daily driver or one that you want to drive up to a customer's home.