Polishing wood grain....

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by trhland, Jan 30, 2009.

1. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

can someone give me some advise on cleaning the wood grain in my truck? should i use swissvax cleaner fluid and wax after? is this the best method?

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

weres my peeps at?????

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I just usually wipe it down with your favorite cleaner and apply the wax of your choice. Werkstat Prime is nice ( acrylic or carnauba ) as its an all in one. Its a cleaner with a little sealant / wax in it.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

cool thanks . i dont have that .but i do have swissvax . maybe ill try that . the wood is nice its just got some swirls from normal wiping over the years. thanks..

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Well that's what I do, I use Zymol HD Cleanse Pro then I top it off with a nuba of choice. You'll be amazed with the difference this process makes.

Oh if you have swirls on wood trims, you can polish them out as well....I've never used my rotary or DA, I polish it out by hand and usually a very light polish like 85RD or 106FF will take care of all defects. Oh wood trims have a thin amount of clear coat too...I used my PosiTector 200 to take readings and they were quite low.

Hope this helps.

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

the wood trim pieces do hav e light swirls . its ok to use 85rd then swissvax cleaner fluid then wax?

7. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

should i use 85rd or just swissvax cleaner fluid then wax? im just worried about breaching the clear on the trim. im sure its a thin coat ..

8. Nica

Nica Banned

I would start off with Cleaner Fluid...but know that the cleaner fluid might "hide" some swirls.

But like paint always start on the lease aggressive polish.

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

+1.:thumb:

10. richy

richy Guest

Tom..you'd be amazed at how 303 will rock on woodgrain interiors...also on door jams too..

11. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Does anyone know if it's ok to polish matte wood trim? It doesn't look like it's clear coated. Also, what pads do you use to polish wood? Thanks.

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Try a cleaner fluid applied with a terry towel as the fibre's will offer sleight abrasion

13. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Ok I'll try that. Thanks.