Polishing running boards.

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by bpmd210, Aug 31, 2008.

1. bpmd210

bpmd210 Virgin Detailer

Not sure if this is the right section, but I was just about to use some polish and decided to hold off and ask first. I have an MDX with black running boards. I presume they're aluminum, painted/anodized/powder-coated. They have some hard water spots on them I'd like to get off. They won't wash off with other methods. Would the polish be ok on these?
    Thanks

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I assume these running boards would handle a metal polish just fine....i use never dull when they get cloudy after i wash, but for an abrasive metal polish i would just do a test spot first on the underside first but i dont see any issues here...

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Are they painted?

4. bpmd210

bpmd210 Virgin Detailer

I'm not sure if they're painted, anodized, powder-coated, or what. It's kind of like a rough eggshell finish. I tried a little bit of polish on the bottom. Definitely not the way to go. Leaves a white residue.

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Hmmm, I have to find a MDX and look for you. I would not use metal polish on them.

6. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I assumed they were chrome, im sorry but at least you were smart and used a test spot!