Polishing Carlos' Style

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Nica, May 12, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Well like the title says the following videos I'm posting here are two videos of how I prefer to polish. The intention of these two videos is hopefully to help those considering stepping up to a rotary to have an idea as to what you can expect. Keep in mind though, what your going to see is my way of polishing, we all have our own preferred method so I'm just sharing my way of polishing, it works for me and it may help you out. Well on to the video now:

Before I post the videos, I've been scratching my head and banging my head for several days now as to how to load the videos and well I finally gave up. Programming just isn’t my thing. I’ll stick to my electricity. Any who, I'm going to have Mike help me out with these, hopefully Mike will improve the speed the video's load up, so the way I'm currently posting the videos it's going to take a long time to load but be patient let it load, hopefully you'll find the videos helpful. Like I said I'll have Mike re-configure the videos to hopefully make it faster to load on to your computers:

The first video:
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/downloads/desktops/Polishing part 1.m2t.wmv

The second video:
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/downloads/desktops/Polishing Part 2.wmv

Hope you enjoy and sorry for the long down load time :sorry:

(Edit 05/12/2008)

I forgot to mention the following:
    The polish I used during the videos is Menzerna 85RD3.02, the pads I was using are the 3M UK Black Polishing pad with Metabo and the 3M 5/8th Backing Plate (UK). I would spread the polish at setting one with the Metabo then bumped it up to setting 3 which is 1500 RPM. As you saw I keep moving the rotary but movement is not that fast, nice and steady. If you'd like to see the full detail of this vehicle you can go here to see it:
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f46/divine-detail-2005-nissan-altima-3288.html

2. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

well for one the size is almost a movie :gasp: haha but im sure the download will be worth the wait, cant wait for it to finish :chips::chips:

just watched both videos, GREAT JOB!!!! thanks a lot for taking the time to make a video.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for uploading these videos of yours Carlos! I'll be sure to watch them as soon as they're done downloading, hehe.

4. ChristR

ChristR Birth of a Detailer

Thanks alot for sharing! Something too watch tonight;)

5. distrbd

distrbd New Member

That's what I"m talking about :applause2:,everything I needed to know ,from the amount of polish , to the speed of each pass /the machine,I'm sure it took some preparation to set all this up ,no doubt many of us rookies can benefit from watching your videos.
    Thank you Carlos,you made it look so easy. :worship2::worship2::worship2::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, the files are quite large but I really wanted to keep the HD quality. I was able to bring it down in size and still maintain the HD quality but still ended up being a bit large. Glad you enjoyed the videos, I've got a few more that I'll be posting up but hopefully the next ones wont be so big...well that is if members here think they are helpfull.

Let me know what you think Denzil and sorry for the long download time...hopefully Mike will be able to speed it up..my computers skills are really limited :sorry:

Look forward to your feed back, again sorry for the long down load. But I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you distrbd, glad you found the videos helpfull :thumb:

See that's just it, using a rotary is really easy...you say I make it look easy well it really is easy..mind you there is a learning curve but it's really not that bad, rotary is nothing to fear just have to respect it at all times that's all.

The whole idea of these videos was that to show how easy the rotary is and help others that would like to see different styles of polishing, I remember when I was trying to gauge the rotary and I must have seen 100's of videos each one was different each one had different styles and that's how I learned, so I figuired I'd share my way of polishing. Hope it helps :peace:

7. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Best polishing video on the net period.

8. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

How long are the vids? Will it be worth the 380mb and 4-6 hour d/l time?

9. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

Carlos--very nice videos and nice demo too. Great of you to post this for all to see.

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Great videos Nica... You all need to step up to high speed internet:headbang: - I downloaded both of them simultaneously in the amount of time it took me to make a sandwhich and eat it...

11. budman3

I'm running 4 comps over wireless and am currently running 24 Mbps on my laptop. Its not the fastest but it gets the job done quickly usually. I saw 6 hours and was like :yikes:.

12. wise 85

wise 85 Virgin Detailer

That is one of the best polishing videos i have seen.I would love to see videos showing post polishing prep for wax,in particular waxing by bare hand.This would be very helpfull to those that are unfamiliar with the technique,as it is very rarely shown.

13. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Nice video. I'm not sure if it's just from watching or what but it seems like you really take quite a while to work a product in. More than I see most people state they take. 1-2 minutes on a rotary before needing more polish/compound... then again that may be with wool.

Great work, though. I could really see the clarity coming out during the first polishing step.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the feed back JohnyB..but I'm not sure about best polishing video there are a few things I'll do differently next time but first serious videos that I do to show polishign with a rotary...the more I do the better I'll get at the videos...but thank you for the compliment :peace:

The videos are in the 15 to 20min range, yea and sorry about the long waiting time for them to download :worry: but I used my HD camcorder and with the help of some programs I was able to reduce the size of the videos and still maintain the HD quality :thumb: The file size are still a bit large but I didn't want to sacrafize in quality that's all. As to are they worth the 4 to 6hrs waiting time...um...I honestly can't say...I personaly think it's worth it but then again I'm the one that made them lol so just a little biased hahahahaha

Glad you enjoyed them uzj100 thank you for the feed back.

Thank you for the feed back Mothor :thumb:...so um..what kind of sandwich did you make?

Thank you for the feed back and glad you found the videos helpfull. I'll be making a few more videos from doing interior details to applying certain wax's by hand, I'll do a video of applying wax by hand...but I'm just waiting for a special wax to arrive and then I'll do the video :whistle: oh but I know Calgarydetail did a video on how to apply wax by hand, it's quite good. I'll be creating more section within the video section and this will include applying wax by hand so stay tooned for those to come up :peace:

Okay so I'm hearing good feed back here from you guys which, is great.....but is there anything you guys question, or that you feel could be inproved on please let me know...the purpose of these videos are just to give you all some tips and ideas that's all, but most of all to show you how easy the rotary is and not to feer it :thumb:

15. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I would like to see a close up of the polishes you use since each polish takes a different length of time to break down and the result on the paint may also look different than the one in the video.
    Just a thought:shrug:

16. Shuskan3

Shuskan3 Birth of a Detailer

*Downloading* now... can't wait to watch...

17. budman3

Ditto, sounds like it'll be worth the wait.

18. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

It might help to push these to youtube rather than eat up all of your bandwidth sharing them directly off DB's servers.

19. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Yes, these videos were indeed very good and very helpful and look forward to seeing more. Ya the long download time is the only downfall, but after you see how clear the videos are :headbang: its worth the wait :thumb:

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for reminding me distrbd, I've edited the original post and added more information, thanks for reminding me but yes I'll keep your suggestion in mind in the future :peace:

Hope you guys enjoy and let me know what your thoughts were :thumb:

Well see I tried that but with the size of the videos it's just not posible, so that's why I loaded them directly to the forum. Besides, with the plan I have the forum there is 3,500Gig's of Bandwith...that's lots :thumb:

Yes, that's exactly what I was going for. I wanted to keep the HD quality in these videos...yes it takes longer but even I was impresed with the quality of the videos. Glad you noticed it :thumb: See that's one thing I didn't like about most online vidoes, the quality is just not there and it's totaly understandable due to limitations by other sites, I didn't want to sacrafise quality and I personaly feel it made a big difference on being able to see what I was doing with the rotary and the polish...but that's just me :shrug: