Polishing a 1994 Lexus SC400

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by infiniti24, Mar 22, 2010.

1. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

Hi guys soo here is what I did so far I'm running out of time I have to go to school.

Here is my DD she has 182K sor far on her and I've never detailed her before. Only a wax once of some cheap auto store stuff.

So I washed with CG citrus in the Glam foam gun. Used 2 bucket method vs my 3 bucket method. some shots before I started
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some shots after the foam gun did its work
    most slides off quickly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then some after the wash shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I took some pics after I clayed the hood there was little to no contamination due to the fact I had the cars fender repared and to make the panel not stick out in a different shade the feathered the hood. So I guess thats why its so clean. Any ways used a QD as lube

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I set out to use my Flex with huge 6" pads

Is there any one who knows how to make my random orbital into a rotory so I can use 4" pads? Anyways used a Uber green pad with menz Power Finish. Spreading it at 1 then polishing at 3 with moderate pressure then droping down to 2.5 with little pressure then 1.75 with no pressure. Sound right?

Here are is a shot where I wasnt using enough pressure before just letting it glide on the surface.

[​IMG]

I think I got a lot of it out I need to mabey go to the orange pad with power finish?

I'm trying not to spend more money though and the power finish is my only polish. So I guess I'll have to get something in there line more aggressive. Anythoughts what would be a good menz product or should the orange pad do it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tired to get 50/50 shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok so on the one side I put some (Pinical Soverin) sp I know I'm rushing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

first pic here is the side nothing has been done to. The next is the side I tried to correct

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So how do I do this better :waiting2:

2. infiniti24

also in one of the darker pics you can see the polish and how much I'm using is that enough? or do I need to use more

3. infiniti24

anybody?

4. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

i'm not a pro by any means. but if you look at phils blog you can find a bunch of videos that i used to learn how much to use and when it is "gone"
    Detailing Videos Detailersdomain's Weblog

i like the wheels.
    (i would like them even more with out the gold badges)

5. infiniti24

I like to keep the oem look and since it has a gold package I keep the wheels looking like they came with the car. They are the original badges from my factory wheels put onto the 05 nissan altima seR wheels made by forge cost was 250 for all 4 of them

6. infiniti24

ok so i was useing a too little and not fast enough speed thnx again ill work on it tonight

7. I VIK I

I VIK I Two Bucket System Washer

The wheels arent made by "forge" they are forged wheels, and for 250 for all 4 you got a hell of a deal.

8. infiniti24

Yupp I forgot the D and thats what I ment to say I should have said it different. Anywho they are my summer wheels and my stock ones I use in winter with snow tires

anyways all done with the car its 1am

im tired Ill post pics tomarrow turned out a lot better now