Polish help

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by 02CAMSS, Jan 2, 2008.

1. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Hello and happy new year!I was wondering if there is a polish I can use with my PC that will remove mild to medium swirls in just one step?Something I do not have to worry about going behind with a finer polish to remove micro-marring.Can anyone recommend a polish and LC pad combo that will fit this description?I have tried the pinnXMT stuff and do not like it so that is the only thing that I would not be open to.

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Few people will agree with me but I am going to have to go with Meguair's #2, and pretty much any LC pad. White should do the job most of the time. I think that you might loose clarity if you go for a yellow pad. I think a lot of people are going to recommend Menzerna, but I don't know enough about the line to comment.

3. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I was going to try menz nano but I heard that it will marr with a green pad.

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

What kind of car?

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Well like D&D said it's good to know the make of the vehicle. Different vehicles come with different types of clearcoat oh and the year as well as some vehicles have new types of clear coat.

I for one would vouch for Menzerna, if you can get your hands on 106FF or 106FA both great products and should do the job as well, but in all honesty if your looking to get your vehicle flawless, no swirls what's so ever it may be needed to either have multiple passes or a two stange polish..meaning an agreesive (cuting) polish and then a finishing polish...but all depending on how bad the vehicle is...sometimes vehicles require the two stage of polishing and sometimes they don't, each vehicle is different...but you can't go wrong with Menzerna, Optimum (not one of my favorites but it will get the job done), Meg's #83? (I can't remember if that number is correct or was it #80?)...well hope this helps.

6. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

Meguiars, Menzerna, and Optimum are all good products yet another product to consider if you are looking for corrective properties and leaving behind some protection in one step is Poorboy's PwS(Polish with Sealant). If you are looking for moderate to slight marring correction this might be a product to consider. It is pad dependant, works with rotarty or PC, can be worked in sun or shade, leaves a very nice finish, with at least a month of protection. Some claim more but I cannot speak to that since I have never left it on for more than a month.

7. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

honda/chevy/ford

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

How about some 106FF on a white pad? I've seen it do some really nice work when the swirls aren't too bad...

9. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I think I will give that a try.

Does anyone know what color pad #83 will start to marr with?

10. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I corrected a couple pretty crazy holigrams on an '08 Corvette with a PC, Menz P085rd, and a white pad.

Very gentile, great depth and shine.

I've heard great things about the Menz 106's, but I just can't get away from the 85rd at the moment...

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

106FF has very good cutting power if you let it work.

I have not have in depth exp with a green pad but OrngeZ has told me it can be worked as a finishing pad.

12. richy

richy Guest

If you want protection too, DG 501 is a good cleaner combined with a green or white pad will clean up a fair amount of sins as well as offers good protection. Obviously, the total picture (hardness, age, depth of scratches) will determine if a 1 step is out of the question or not. Don't be afraid to play..that's how you learn what these products are able to do/not do. Good luck.