Polish-able? Or just repaint it?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Method, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Method

Method New Member

Traded a wing from my car for a pretty rare "Tsunami" edition rear bumper. I drive a 2001 Toyota Celica. Tsunami edition celicas are quite rare and were only produced in Canada and Japan.

Structurally the bumper is sound. There are tons of scratches all over this thing though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are fairly deep. Think I could get away with polishing? Or would this need a full repaint?

2. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

If it is a factory color go with Dr. Colorchip to fill the deep scatches. Since it is off the car, try polish compound first and if that does't work then try a light wet (2000-2500) sanding and then polish.

Pureshine likes this.
  3. Method

Method New Member

I have all the time in the world since it is indeed off the car. Stock bumper on there currently. It's a factory color (code: 3p0) thats a boat load of scratches to try and fill lol. Will that look normal if I fill those with color even though the clear was scratched through? Or is they where the polish comes in

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Only the deep ones down to the primer, if it is that bad (hard to tell from pics) then a repaint is probably the best option.

5. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

Buff it first since you have time then fill what's left let it sit awhile then buff again and coat it!!