PO85RD/Uber or LC pad?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by dschribs, Mar 10, 2010.

1. dschribs

dschribs Virgin Detailer

Anyone use the blue Uber polishing pad with PO85RD?

I'm wondering how that combo compares to PO85RD and a LC black finishing pad.

Basically, I need to chose one pad to use with this polish for a last polishing step.

I'm using a PC.

2. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Probably Uber blue, I believe it has slightly more cut, enough to take out the defects and to give you a great shine.

3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

pad colors can be so confusing . . . . . a blue pad has more cut then a black pad? I always thought it was the other way around but i guess i could be wrong.

4. scott14

scott14 Birth of a Detailer

it depends on the company

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

uber blue with 85rd would be great (more so on a rotary)

uber black is meant for wax/glaze/sealant or jeweling.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The black LC pad has next to zero mechanical cut so is meant mainly for glazes and jeweling. 85RD has almost zero mechanical cut as well and should be considered mainly for removing light hologramming and jeweling.

7. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

exactly . . . . with that being said isn't the blue/red pads under the black in terms of cut.

Wouldn't they have 0 cut at that point then?

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

LC Black does have a bit of cut, little but it does have some mechanical cut. Blue, red, and gold are the ones in LC lineup that have zero mechanical cut.

Blue: Good for past wax's and AIO that are chemical based
    Red: Good for liquid wax and glaze as it has a bit higher PPI (pores per sq inch) rating so less gets absorbed
    Gold: 100 PPI pad and great for liquids as almost none really get absorbed and you use less