Please read my take on Sonax products from Autogee

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Hostage1978, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

Phil introduced this community to Sonax.

I just got an email from Autogeek with a big sale on Sonax stuff, introducing their products to their lineup. This left me wondering if they'd have Kwazar spray bottles for sale later on next month.

Even if the price were more with DetailersDomain, I'll still purchase my goods through Phil. He works hard for this community, and I'm not worried about getting ripped apart for discussing different products on his forum. He put the videos of how well the wheel cleaner works together, and he did the leg work of the initial promotion in the US.

Lots of times in life decisions come down to money. This time I'll pick Phil.

PS Phil, thanks for the sales via email. I'll send you some of my hard earned tonight for some of the great things you bring to this community. Thank you.

SG

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

I just received that e-mail as well. I'm not a huge fan of autogeek as i've had some rocky experiences with them in the past but as you mentioned even if Phil was a little higher his customer service is second to none.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I think with the loyalty discount or whatever it is in Phil's e-mail, they're the same price. The main selling point is that we're in the same state, and I usually get the package next day. I still wonder if my e-mails had anything do to with this Sonax boom all of a sudden.

4. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I just received this e-mail as well. I was completely shocked to see the e-mail and to checkout the site and see that they seem to have the entire range that Phil carries, including the all-important 5 liter containers of the Full Effect Wheel Cleaner.

I wonder if AG carrying the Sonax line came from all the buzz that was created here at DB. Perhaps, they are watching us very closely. :yikes:

Btw, I really don't think Phil has anything to worry about and knowing Phil, he probably doesn't even care.

5. Reflect

That was a great thread. I LOVE wheel cleaners.

6. dood786

dood786 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Im surprised Africa had these products many years ago already

7. Reflect

Carn was the one that was talking this stuff up wayyyy back and not that many people listened. Of course you guys get it much cheaper to my knowledge.

8. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Actually I heard Sonax has been pushing hard to get their products to many detailing shops here in the US. I was over at Detailing.com and Sonax sent them their entire product line to test out and get them to sign. Although I'm a fan of DD as well, having a local source that price match with no shipping costs wins out for me.

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Just some other stuff, AG did sell Sonax under the old US name back a while ago, 3-4 years ago. They where at Detail Fest according to Megan and Sonax has been pushing to get there items in more stores as before it was online in one shop in CA.

stuff is OTC all over Europe same way AG is so it is just now starting to make a name in the states. Hopefully with more people carrying the line the more products can be imported into the states.

10. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Yep, AG carried it when it was labeled NTS7.

11. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

:agree: Its like they see a huge hit with this product and want a piece of the action. It wont surprise me when AG starts to carry the Kwazar sprayers or even Aquartz products.

Also AG never carried the Sonax line. They carried NST7 which is a subsidiary similar to how Pinnacle, WG, and DP are all PBMA products. Its like selling the DP line and saying its the same as Wolfgang and Pinnacle because it's made by the same company.

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

NST7 is the US name line of it, they wanted a hi-tech sounding name for the states so they named it that. The products where the same.

Kwazar sprayers have been in the states a long time, maybe not the ultra chem resistant ones but in the live stock industry used alot.

Also they could of been in contracts with Sonax for months. Who knows what and when they wanted to carry it or what the reason is, bottom line is competition never hurt anyone and is good for the consumer.

Not taking any sides but business is business.

13. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

In the end, I dont really support AG all that much anymore. They have great customer service and all but monopolizing on everything is hurting the little guys like the Vendors here.

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Sonax is actually over the counter stuff in Belgium and in Holland. Frankly, I was over at my boss' house the other day in Amsterdam and he just popped into the local shop to get some detailing supplies, look what he came back with:

[​IMG]

15. Reflect

Must be nice eh?

Does anyone know if those new spray bottles will hold up to Wheel Brightener? I need one nice spray bottle for that stuff so I can be done wasting spray heads.

16. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i hope they change the smell of there wheel cleaner soon. its terrible

17. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

What the heck?! You moved to Amsterdam?

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

No no, I was there the other day for work. The company I work for is based out of Amsterdam.

19. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

P1et, do you blaze up and drop E while you're there?

Reflect, you just gotta rinse the sprayer outt with soap/water after you're done using it and it should stay good for at least a long time. Wheel Brightener will eat through anything, regardless of any sprayer's chemical resistance.

20. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

Gotta admit that I don't know the things that a lot of people on this forum know...I'm just calling this the way that I see the situation.

Phil may not care, and this may be me making much to do about nothing. But when DodoJuice came to the country, I was beside myself excited. It showed up at AGeek and I rolled my eyes and almost lost interest. It's like selling your soul to the devil when manufacturers go to them in my eyes. I realize that this is business, competition is good, and the consumer wins in the end etc etc. I also see it like DD is the one that really put Sonax on the map for this community, and now the big guys are cashing in.

Truth be told, I order stuff from AG. I get fast shipping, they carry a ton of product, and I buy stuff from them that Phil doesn't have. Given the choice, I'd rather go with the guy whose name I know because I was buying stuff from him in 03 when he was a sponsor on VWVortex making his name.