Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by 95-850 wagon, Oct 24, 2012.

1. 95-850 wagon

95-850 wagon Banned

So I was detailing a new jaguar the other day and I burned through the paint on the rear quarter panel...now the guy wants to sue me:shakehead:

I dont know what to do

2. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

do you have insurance? i would find a good shop and offer to get it fixed

3. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Thats why I have insurance for stuff like that mine covers up to 200k. You will have to pay for the repaint out of pocket or go to court. Do you have a business license?
    Todd

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Gonna have to do the right thing and fix it... Learning experience...

Sucks for sure but don't beat yourself up too badly.. Just take an honest look at what you did, how it happened and how you can prevent it in the future

5. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

:bs: ...

6. 95-850 wagon

95-850 wagon Banned

I guess your right...besides, theres now way the douchbag will find me anyways lol

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I agree.............pics?

:waiting::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

8. 95-850 wagon

95-850 wagon Banned

Of my balls?

9. chemgys99

Haha I would love to see pics too.

10. 95-850 wagon

95-850 wagon Banned

No but for real ill upload the pics of the jag l8r...i gots to get ready for work...

11. chemgys99

Oh ok. Google is a good search engine

12. Kilo6_one

Uh, no............. don't need to see your balls.

13. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

you need to get insuriance. its not that much and some companies base it off your profit so if you dont make much you wont have to pay much.

14. chemgys99

Guys this guy is only saying this to "prove" he is a different person then chemguys626. Which he isn't. Just ignore this guy.

15. Kilo6_one

so much drama............... in detailing.

16. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Bring on the banhammers!!

[​IMG]

17. chemgys99

18. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Get it repaired, Make sure the customer signs that after you repair it on your dime it is no longer your responsibility in case something happens to the repair qdown the line. If he's threatining to sue you now hes a DB and will try to take you to your breaking point, especially years down the road when he plans on selling it.. Protect your self.

Next time (or before you touch any more cars) get insurance, a "contract" that releases you and protects you from things like this. Also, what I ALWAYS recommend is walk around the car with the client and point out defects that you know you cannot get out, IE dents,Chips etc. Get a sheet like what the rental car companies use before you rent a car and walk around the clients car with the client standing next to you, make sure it is a carbon copy note EVERYTHING and have them sign it. Then when they pick up the car do it again! This will protect you from the assholes that drive off and a half hour later get a ding in the parking lot and blame you. Ive seen this happen to to many good detailers.

Do whats right and always repair the clients car on your bill, even when they sign a release contract. Also, I would recommend filling a LLC and filing as a seasonal company that way they cant come after your personal assets. Chalk this up to a sour life lesson and learn from it, Your playing with fire if you are not a legit business, there are just to many assholes out there that are out to take small businesses and sole proprietors.

19. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Quick question for ya 95-850 wagon.

Is your volvo wagon dark green with a "got groceries?" sticker on the rear window in the lower right hand corner. Also, Does the license plate start with a "3" and end with a "6"?

Sorry for being off topic

20. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Karma bitch hahaha at you 850 you tard. Can you do anything right besides stealing or were you always a F**k up?

Even if you had a set of balls you wouldn't know what to do with them. I can't believe someone actually let you touch their car. Sad. They should have kicked your ass then called the cops.