Played with Glasur

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by klumzypinoy, Mar 5, 2008.

1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

This morning I decided to give my car a quick wash and play around with Glasur. This applies and buffs off easy. I used the turle wax foam applicator. I purposely let the wax sit about a minute 30, and it was still pretty easy to buff. It would probably be hard if I left it for 2 minutes. I just applied it to the driver side of the hood and driver side fender.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's Pete's 53 beading a week after initial application.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pete's 53 side

[​IMG]

I really like this wax so far. Gave a nice glow under the sun, and intensifies the flake more compared to Pete's 53. Of course the pictures don't show what I'm saying. I also got a bit dizzy looking at the reflections of the garage off my fender :p. It just made it really wet. I can't wait to use this on my gf's black camry..

Oh yeah don't mind the rims, they're pretty trashed. The only way to save them is to repaint them I think :eek:

2. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

looks good joseph..nice sheeting action you have going there

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Thats is nice sheeting going on...what was on the other side....

AL

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

joe p. - Thanks :D

Al-53 - Thanks! Pete's 53 was on the other side of the hood. The rest of the car...meg's 16, but I think it's just about to die from all the citrus wash and gloss washes lol.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I love it! I do have to say that Pete's hsa impressed with as far as durability is concerned. I am seeing how Lusso Oro will hold up using the same washing regiment.

It's always something: either your wax is a little bit of a pain to apply and remove and it will last a while, or it's a breeze to apply and remove but then it doesn't last very long.

Gotta love it...

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Yeah Pete's is a nice wax :) I will of course continue to use it. Once I run out...maybe I'll get Victoria Concours as a replacement..

7. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

look great so far. Just wait til its on the whoel car

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I need to finish correcting the paint first :(

9. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

very nice sheeting....

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Get it to it buddy do your car - correct it....lol...I would kill to have decent enough weather right about now like you..

Then lay your zymol down and appreciate your purchase!

What's done looks nice...

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice klumz :applause:

Just wait till you use the HD Cleanse and then lay down the Glasur :druling: :druling: you'll appreciate it even more.

Looks great klumz thank you for sharing with us :peace:

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Yeah!! :D it's insane

Just come to Cali man ;) Hahah. Yeah I need to finish her up!

I'll be looking into HD cleanse :D

you're welcome!!:mounty:

13. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

very nice my man!!! great sheeting video as well!!!

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks :D I love the sheeting, the water just falls so fast. And the beads are just insane. My car's outside 24/7 so I'll see how long this wax will last under the beating sun and with all the driving around.