plastic trim

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by cleanfiend, Sep 6, 2009.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

i recently bought myself a new 2009 vw rabbit in black, and this thing has a lot of black/dark grey plastic (especially the lower section of the rear bumper which is made out of plastic). I wanted to know what you guys recommend to keep these plastics from fading or what products you favor for this task. I was thinking maybe CG fade 2 black or CG barebones, but im not entirely sure whether bare bones would work on trim since its described as an undercarriage dressing on the Chemical guys website. Any advice on these products or any others will be much appreciated, thank you.

2. dunncsu

dunncsu Two Bucket System Washer

fade 2 black is what you want to use

3. trl2112

trl2112 Two Bucket System Washer

I like to clean and protect my plastic with Klasse AIO before I dress it. After the AIO I find sometime dressing is not needed.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Hey, I have a GTI and had the lower black plastic before I painted them but still have some textured black, like the lower section of the rear bumper, and I use Tropi-Care tire and trim dressing. Looks great and last a while. Fade 2 Black is also a good product to use on it.

5. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

you could use fade2black, blackwow, adams VRT. chemical guys liquid extreme shine is pretty good too.

i have a GTI also.

6. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I like Meg All Season Dressing, I want to try some tropicare though

7. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

thanks for your responses. does fade2black have a glossy or matte look to it? i really dont like the matte or greasy look for my trim, or any rubber or plastic on my car for that matter

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

fade2black I think has a matte/satin look to it. It is not greasy but is not uber shiny but is not flat flat black.