Plasma TV Issue- Help Needed

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by D&D Auto Detailing, May 9, 2010.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

The screen on our Samsung plasma has gone black. The TV will turn on, but theres no picture, just a black screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? Would like to fix it myself if possible.

2. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

if your handy with a soldering gun and a volt meter search online for the tv model number and repair manuals ....me and a buddy fixed a free plasma he got doing this was not hard . the manul he had gave steps to find issue and we just replaced the parts

3. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I recently had an issue similar to this with my Sony LCD. Try disconnecting your cable box from the tv and disconnect both the box and tv from their power source. Leave everything disconnected for about a half hour, connect all cables and then connect everything to their power sources. This should re-set both your tv and cable box, and hopefully fix your issue. You may have to do this two or three times. Hope this helps.

4. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

usualy its power supply, it might turn on but not have enough power to turn screen on. usualy didnt deal with plasmas but did fix a lot of LCD tvs, if its not that then its main logic board. there arent that many things in those TVs.
    how old is it? screen itself is usualy good for 50-60K hours

id say about backlight but plasma doesnt have that.

search online for tv model and issue you having. im sure somebody posted solution

short search, this one wants you to sign up,
    Samsung Plasma Screen - Screen has gone black : Plasma Screen

5. D&D Auto Detailing

Unplugging it didnt work. BTW, the TV gets left on a lot.

6. D&D Auto Detailing

I took it apart and the P-Y buffer board was fried. Just ordered a new one for $100. Well see...

7. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

samsung has a knowed issue of their transistor burning.

It applied to LCDs but I guess it will be the same thing to Plasmas.

8. D&D Auto Detailing

I took it apart last weekend and found a burnt circuit board. New one should be in tomorrow. Hopefully this fixes it.

9. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

sounds like the problem I had. You have to replace a small board.

TV wasn't powering on, just flickering black. Sounded like a switch trying to go on, then off.

10. smile468

smile468 Virgin Detailer

In the ealy 20th century,”going to Kenya” is one of the popular topic among the European and American upper wholesale golf clubs classes. Every year a large number of ladies and gentlemen bumps wholesale taylormade golf clubs into the East African mainland by boat then train.Whether it was resulted from the really risky nature, anyway it is a good trip worthy of showing off. Ishiner

11. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

news flashy buddy we are talking about tv's . . . . . spammer