pics of wheels

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by rfinkle2, Feb 6, 2011.

1. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

A few people asked that I post a few picks of my wheels.
    My picture taking skills are lacking to say the least.
    The wheels are TSW Nurburgring (matte bronze, 18x8.5+45) with Nitto Neogen Tires.
    i also posted a hood shot so you guys didn't think my car was a swirly mess.
    Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

is that a Mazda speed3?

3. rfinkle2

yes...2010 mazdaspeed3

4. dogma

dogma Guest

Nice rims. They look great .What color is the paint called? Is there a ton of metallic like my color?

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

The wheels look great!!!!

6. rfinkle2

thanks!

black mica... and yes, there is a ton of "mica". lol

It has a bronzish tint in the sun.

The pictures really make the car look strange. I like the way it look way better in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i traded this for it! i had an evoIX, and when I bought the X was disappointed.

[​IMG]

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

[​IMG]

I love wheels, im suprised Ive kept these as long as I have. LOL.

8. rfinkle2

i like your sti Karl. looks great.

9. Kilo6_one

Thanks Rob.

are those rotoray forged? pretty light?

10. DARK HORSE

DARK HORSE Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Looks good Rob!

11. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I wish my mazda3 looked like that, is it dropped at all?

12. dogma

dogma Guest

That's funny I set out looking for an EVO mr or an STI ( my 2 favorite cars) and eneded up with a Mazda speed6 because of comfort. I love the speed3 too. I find certain products mute the mica or metallic.

The products I found that mute are DG AW , DG105 , JW prime,AJ and CJ, vics red( chaos is way better)
    There were a few more that I can't remember. For Me DGAW was the worst. Don't get me wrong DG are great products I had them all.

I had a black SVT focus before my Speed6. If I knew aboutPrima Amigo,HYdro, RMG & CMW I might have kept it longer.

13. Kilo6_one

Nither cars are very comfortable, I drive a suburban 99% of the time partially for that reason. The Sti lives in the garage.

14. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

well chas, im sure in a traffic jam, you'd be smiley faces while rfinkle gets a cramp on his left foot :D
    i would of kept the evo but personal pref =p
    I like that tractor in your garage with the snow plow too

15. rfinkle2

how true!. the evoX was too big for me. i was spoiled by my IX.

i like flake, but these cars (mazda?) have so much flake, i don't mind a little muting.

yes...rotary forged. they are about 19-20lbs each. about 5 lbs less than my stockers and an inch wider.

thanks...so does your mustang.

yes, the pictures don't look it but it is about 1.3f and 1.5 rear. they are h&r springs. I'd like it to be a bit lower, but i don't want to worry about scraping.

your mazda 3 looks great. btw. the grass is always greener on the other side. lol

16. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

those wheels look great. im thinkin they might look pretty damn good on my GTI....mind if i ask how much they ran you?

17. rfinkle2

First, Thank you.

around 1600 from discount tire direct (w/ tires).

they often offer free mounting and balancing, but they didn't have tpms sensors, so i had to have them mounted and balanced locally for around $200.00.

if you don't get them (wherever you but them from) to mount and balance them, make sure the shop who mounts them has a hunter touchless machine.

they also have other colors, but my metallic has a bronze tint in the sun.

check out the TSW "donnington" also if u like the style of my wheels.

18. Kilo6_one

TSW really does make a lot of nice wheels, the styles are current and are well made.

19. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

great thanks. forgot to ask, what model are they specifically? im loving how the bronze wheel looks with the black car.

20. rfinkle2

TSW "nurburgring".
    btw, if u are a member of any vw sites, they can help u with fitment. imo, the suggested sizes and fitments on the online wheel sites are very conservative as far as size and offset.
    not that i don't want to help, i just don't know too much about vw's.