Photos from our 1st Orbital Paint Correction Class

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Feb 11, 2012.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Thanks everyone for driving out to our first Orbital Paint Correction taught by Dave Saunders at Street Dreams Detail hosted at Detailer's Domain.

The class was a HUGE Success. All attendees show improvement and a great understanding for the orbital as well as the compounds and polishes.

Take a look at some of the photos from today.

Breakfast Spread
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The classroom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Products that we played with today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meet and greet
    [​IMG]

Dave going through the class outline
    [​IMG]

Concentration
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now onto the demo
    [​IMG]

Surbuf -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meg's D300 with the Griots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tips and Dave's secrets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Light inspection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Menzerna SIP and the Uber Green Pad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The class going to work
    [​IMG]

Nick on the Flex PE14-2-150
    [​IMG]

Nick moving onto the Griots and D300.
    [​IMG]

Joe spurring the MF Cutting Pad
    [​IMG]

Rob and SIP
    [​IMG]

Ken and Joe
    [​IMG]

Ken on the SIP step
    [​IMG]

Mirror Mirror
    [​IMG]

Break for lunch and downtime before more hands on training
    [​IMG]

Some of the guys wanted to play with the Flex rotary.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back to the DA and Super Finish
    [​IMG]

Look at the skills - Dave on handing it ; )
    [​IMG]

More hands on work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't forget you Gianni
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again BIG Thanks! Look out for our next class soon.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks like fun. Gianni's one big MOFO!!!!

3. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

look like phil and dave really planned it out, instead of running it on the fly.

very nice work guys! =)

4. Wish i could have made it

5. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Awesome! Wish I lived on the east coast.

6. kocor321

kocor321 Virgin Detailer

Excellent experience watching Dave use the all the machines and I'm glad he was able to explain his technique. Dave made it really easy to understand and simple to grasp.

Phil & Dave really did a great job on teaching us how to determine damage as well as simplifying and helping us choose the correct polish and pad to address situation.

Open Q&A was helpful; rotary exposure was awesome, great to have a opportunity to try out new stuff that you're not confident trying out on your own vehicle. Hands down my favorite line of the day was Phil saying, "I don't care if you burn through the paint I'll just have it resprayed."

Awesome experience, look forward to next time, thanks a lot guys!

-Rob
    (btw 1st post)

7. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

LOL glad to see Gianni made it up. Looks like it was a great class. Maybe I can make it on the next go around.

8. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

WOW-Do I ever wish I was at that class. David/Phil-you guys have really jumped into the "next level" of the business. It is very obvious from your post/press David that you are one of the very top guys in the industry today. Taking the time to educate "us" is like getting B Ball instruction from D-Rose!.

Thanks for taking the time to post this up. I need to get my but into one of those classes. My wash process is SO anal simply becasue I am afraid of polishing! There, I said it out loud! Every time I feel that if I encounter anything other than simple wash induced marring, I-am- dead. So far I have not put a machine on any PP film either.

Phil-I get a sense of how busy you are just by seeing your post at all hours on dfozens of forums. In the competitive world of "detailing supplies" we can always count on you and DD to find the winners both in products and people! I think these hands on classes are a huge competitive advantage and I hope it pays off for both of you.

I really hope you continue to offer these classes on different levels. Self serving suggestion to follow: Over the summer, (when my kids are away) please do another beginner class?

Thanks guys!

9. frntwhlr

frntwhlr Virgin Detailer

Tremendous training class that Phil and Dave gave yesterday. From identifying damage to the selection of different product/pad combinations to correct the flaw.
    Watching Dave and seeing how he used the DA and the amount of correction that can be achieved from the new compounds and cutting disks was amazing.

Class size was excellent with all the hands-on you wanted including Dave answering your questions and providing helpful tips as you were trying to destroy the hoods that Phil provided.
    Can't thank you guys enough!
    Ken

10. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Between Phil & Dave you are covered, 24 hour shipping and paint correction skills..................................what else is needed?.

11. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Looks like a good time and great learning experience, will have to sign up for the next one.

12. SkylineRacer13

SkylineRacer13 Two Bucket System Washer

Looks like a lot of fun will definitely have to sign up for the next one

13. 72offsuit

72offsuit Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great stuff yesterday, class was well thought out, yet flexible to allow discussion and trying out a new idea if so desired. Learned some new tricks and really liked the thought process Dave and Phil use to analyze and solve a problem. I sometimes feel the online discussions are too regimented, like their "outside the box" methodology. Even got to try out rotary for first time, really enjoyed that and gained enough confidence to give it a go on my own vehicle. Had a great time highly recommended.

14. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I can't help that my father gave me a little man's name ... lmfao.

This class gave me the confidence I needed to take my detailing game to the next level. The class had structure without feeling like a detailing tutorial. Dave and Phil pointed it out what I needed to improve and what I was doing well. All of my previous mistakes were extending my detailing sessions. This class is going to payoff BIG TIME next time I tackle a vehicle.

I also have to thank all the other people present in the class. Everyone had a similar level of detailing expertise that made the class progression a breeze.

Big thanks to Phil and Dave for developing this class and letting us test any product/detailing equipment at the shop.

little G

15. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

That class looked like a lot of fun. You guys did an awesome job setting it up.

Im pretty confident with using a DA polisher, but I really want to improve my skills with a rotary. If you guys set something up for rotary training, I'd be down with taking a trip to the east coast to join on that one. ;)

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Looks like it was a great success Phil. This boy on the right is putting some serious pressure on his buffer! Must have been some deep scratches he was trying to get out...

[​IMG]

17. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

^^^^ put in work SON!

18. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

That looks like a great time an an excellent learning experience for everyone involved. Thanks for sharing.

19. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Congrats and good turn out!

20. GoFast908Z

GoFast908Z DB Pro Supporter

Detailers Domain + Dave Saunders = win.

Very cool guys!