pH Neutral (or all wheel safe) Wheel Cleaners

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Reflect, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I've been on a mission lately to find a great wheel cleaner that is safe for all wheels. I'm tired of being worried basically. If anyone else has been doing the same thing, please post up your info here. I'd like a cleaner that can really dwell on the wheels (hours) if need be. I'm also looking for a cheaper replacement for P21S.

Some types I've looked at...

Espuma Wheel Revolution
    DP Wheel Gel
    Menzerna 7.5
    Autobrite Very Cherry

New Prospects:

Gloss-it Wheel Gel
    Sonax Extreme

2. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

diablo wheel gel sounds like a good option. i have some, but i havent had a chance to try it out yet

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Gloss it Wheel Gel and AG Custom Wheel Cleaner.

4. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

+1 for GI Wheel Gel. Very expensive, but can be diluted down to 4:1 for light/maintenance cleanings. Dwell time is 2-5 minutes.

CG Premium Blue and Sticky Gel have pH of 11.4 and are safe for all wheels, with a dwell time of a couple of minutes and can dilute down to 5:1.

P&S Brake Buster has a pH of 10 and is safe for all wheels and is a gel formula, but only a couple minutes' dwell time and no diluting. $15 a gallon + $17 shipping (no clue how shipping is for several gallons, but I'd imagine there is some savings to be had). I haven't tried this product yet but have a gallon sitting on my shelf. Dave (dsms) told me it's a good maintenance cleaner but does not offer much cleaning power.

I don't think Espuma Revolution is safe for all wheels as the bottle calls for spot-testing in a hidden area. I still have not tried mine yet so I can't comment.

I have read only good things on Autobrite's Very Cherry Wheel Cleaner. Menzerna 7.5 is not at all cheaper than P21S Gel. In my experience, the two CG wheel cleaners I mentioned offer good value and performance, without harming any wheel surface.

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner ALLLLLL the way!!!!! Order a bottle from ken and you won't be disappointed. If you are, I'll buy it off you in a heart beat

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I really hope I can start buying AG at walmart... that is what they need to carry!!

7. Reflect

I'm looking at Sonax Xtreme now too.

pH= 7-7.5 @20 degrees Celsius.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Do we know the pH level of Diablo?

Well the CG site claims it is pH neutral.

9. evolutionwc3

evolutionwc3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What about the S100 alternative to P21s? I picked some up at the local Harley shop and remember it being significantly cheaper. I can check the price this afternoon for you.

10. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I tried getting the MSDS for Diablo Gel and no dice after many phone calls and e-mails. I e-mailed Detailed Image about it and they said they haven't been able to get the MSDS for it, either. Don't count on it being pH neutral because CG claims that Sticky Gel is pH neutral when the pH is actually 11.4. Diablo is supposed to be extremely safe for all wheels regardless of the pH.

S100 Wheel Cleaner Gel = P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner. The S100 product is cheaper in the 500mL form but the P21S Gel is available in up to 5L and that size is a bit cheaper overall.

Sonax is even more expensive than P21S Gel, $20 for only 16.9oz.

11. Reflect

Right, but I think Carn had said on DW that a 5 liter size ran around 50 bucks or so. Plus I don't think you use nearly as much product.

12. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

The Sonax Extreme gets my vote. PH neutral as per the MSDS and over here it's relatively cheap @ approx $110 per 25litres (6.6gal)

Whilst it can be left to dwell for ages with no danger of acid etching, etc it does dry out and will require a light reapplication to aid in the removal :thumb:

There are a few reviews I have done on the product and JL has also gotten a bottle off me to play with. I'll try dig up the links for you ;)

13. Reflect

This is what I wanted to hear. I'm talking with a rep now and he's discussing a discount with me since they don't carry 5L sizes of it. They have the Xtreme version in America, but they can't say Xtreme due to copyright infringement. I wonder how much he'll take off.

14. Reflect

I don't think we can get it nearly as cheap over here in the states, as I'm speaking with one of the reps. It may be a tad cheaper than P21S, but by the looks of it you use a lot less product than P21S Gel.

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'd be interested to hear your findings with this. :)

16. Reflect

17. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm wondering where and how we can get a 5L jug of it for relatively cheap. Those were some great results from those threads Carn. :)

18. Reflect

Apparently they're only available overseas and much cheaper. I am so damn tired of saying that!

19. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

When you do find a source can you please update us on where and how to get it? I am interested in this as well until Carlos (if he is still trying) can get P21s red into the states. Thanks! (also I have no idea where to even get a small bottle of it so if you could tell me/link me it would be much appreciated.) :)

20. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'm thinking Carlos has detailing on hold. He hasn't been here for almost 2 weeks.