1. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I'm looking to add a compound to my arsenal for heavier swirls and scratches. I usually use Powerfinish with Orange CCS and PO85RD with white CCS combo that has yielded great results.

I have heard mixed reviews on these two compounds and would like to know your opinion. I will be using an orange lake country cutting pad and Flex 3401.

2. bmw5541

bmw5541 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

M105 has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it dialed in, it yields fantastic results. The key is to make sure to prime the pad really well, and use about 15lbs of pressure with the polisher. I have not used Power Finish, so I can't comment on that.

3. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

From my experience with m105, I like it has a tendency to dust and the dust is sticky and on some material hard to remove, m105 seems to dry quickly in the summer time when the temps are high. I have never used power finish but I have been considering giving it a try because I have been so pleased with 85rd. Do you want to trade samples?

4. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Depends on pads, machines, paint etc - I have both and they both have their place. IMHO, you will run into a situation where one will work much better.

5. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

It seems like I confused you guys. I am using Powerfinish now but would like to add a compound with more cut.

So from this

PO203S > PO85rd

to

PowerGloss or M105 > PO203S > PO85RD

6. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

you can "hear" powergloss when its cutting. its very aggressive.

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

yes, you can hear it cutting..... LOL. I like powergloss, it finishes clean. I have M105, and just have not even used it.

8. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I have both 105 and PG, but have yet to use PG. I'll be giving it a shot on my truck in the very near future and I hope performs as well as the rest of the Menzerna range.

M105 has great cutting capabilities, but if you live somewhere with high temps and high humidity, its work time is almost zero and it can be a nightmare to remove. Even misting the panel or pad in an attempt to increase its work does little.

9. Kilo6_one

anyone try the 105 DA formulation? I ask, because that is what I have. IS it any different the the standard formulation?

10. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

If I'm not mistaken, the first version was for rotaries and the new revised (current) one is for both rotary and DA. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

The new one is what I use with my 3401. I don't really care for it that much. I've used the new Optimum spray compound with a rotary and it's pretty good. It has a great work time and finishes down a lot better than 105 IMO.

11. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

All my Menzerna polishes are on the shelf since using Gtechniq P1. Pad dependent so with a orange pad it will remove 2000 grit marks and will finish down lsp ready with a white pad. Use a rotary with a wool pad and it will clean up 1500 marks. Clean up is a breeze with just water.

12. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

What do you like more about the Gtechniq compared with the Menz polishes?

13. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Just one polish instead of 2-3. No ipa wipe down, no oils to hide marring and water clean up instead of apc.

14. Kilo6_one

where do you get that? Might be worth checking out.

15. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

You can get it from GTechniq UK or Pakshak who is the only US distributor.

16. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

used pG before. there is more folowup needed after that, deff 203 or sip will be needed. after 105 sometimes 205 is enought or even menzerna 106

17. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I agree Misha and that's why I like Gtech P1..one polish that is pad dependent.

18. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Just ordered GTechniq P1 & P2.

19. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Anybody else try Powergloss?

20. 05A4USP

05A4USP Virgin Detailer

I'm going to use PG tonight on my roof, the only panel on the car that I didn't Powerlock and it shows. Over the summer I used M105 on the entire car due to heavy etching caused by my neglect. I used it with a rotary and a wool double sided 3M pad. Very good cut but lots of dust (probably from the use of wool). I am using the PG with Flex 3401 and a Uber Yellow pad. I'll see how it looks and maybe I can skip the SIP and go right to Micro.