Pete's 53/Jet Seal ... suggestions?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by GDAL, Sep 1, 2009.

1. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Guys ...

I took advantage of the reduced price/free shipping from CG's and ordered the Pete's 53/Jet Seal combo. I have heard/read good things about this nuba making metalics pop and looking great on black cars.

Any suggestions regarding application, cure time, tricks, etc.? I'm planning on using this on a metallic blue Lucerne that I'm prolly doing in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance,
    G

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Apply the Jetseal and wait about 20 minutes then buff it off. After buffing it off (which is super easy to do) stand back and admire how good the car looks with Jetseal for about 30 minutes and then top it with the Pete's 53. After applying the Pete's to the entire car go back and buff it off and be prepared to love how the car looks!

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Billyblooshoes told me that you are a fan of this combo ... I was waiting for your response. Do I really need to do two coats of jet seal?

4. JLs Detailing

No you don't have to do two coats of Jetseal and I normally only do one when I use it. Now with that said it is so easy to use that two coats would be nothing short of childs play to do. To me nothing looks better than Jetseal topped with a good nuba.

5. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I have fallen in love with that combo, simply amazing results. A little Pete's goes a long way.

6. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

I add EZ-Cream to that combo

EZ-Cream --> JS --> Petes 53 :)

Best combo ever!

7. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

I'm already a big fan of the EZ Creme and JS109 combo. Guess I really need to add the Pete's 53 to the inventory!

8. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

cool beans gianni. never tried petes 53 before, but i hope you like it. keep us posted.

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Blackfire topped with a good nuba! :catfight:

10. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I see your post and I raise you two layers of Gloss It Finish topped with RBOE. :headbang:

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

one of the best combos ever, I tried it and love it!!! Another awesome one is Ez Cream--->JS 109--->CG5050

I'm thinkig of trying this combo myself...But I think I should get Gloss It Concourso first, this way I can do Gloss Finish---> Concourso---> RBOE...or maybe even Gloss Finish----> Concourso---> Vintage...

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That's how I do it: GI Finish + GI Concorso + RBOE or Vintage. Best combos ever and if I really want to really kick it up a notch, start with some Danase Wet Glaze.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That's how I do it: GI Finish + GI Concorso + RBOE or Vintage. Best combos ever and if I really want to really kick it up a notch, I start with some Danase Wet Glaze.

14. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Billy let me know if you want to try it next time you do a vehicle. I'll let you know when it gets here!

15. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Thanks for the suggestion guys!!

16. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

In your opinion, how does this compare to to a Jetseal + CG 50/50 combo? Which would do you prefer, and why? I got some money and want to spend it...

17. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

ooooooo, aahhhhhh!

18. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

:loud:I raise you both and say Menz FMJ topped with a good nuba. Although, I believe blackfire and FMJ is the same product.:crash::kilt::p:

19. JLs Detailing

That would be a very very very very close second.

Really I couldn't tell much difference between Jetseal topped with 5050 or with Pete's so I say save the money and get the Pete's. I never really cared for the 5050 much but loved Pete's.

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Danase wet glaze? Isn't that the same thing as CG Ez Creme Acrylic Glaze? I know Danase products are made by CG.