Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock State of the Art Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by detailersdomain, Jun 12, 2008.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Swissvax is pleased to announce that Paul Dalton's "Crystal Rock" state of the art car wax is now in production and available to pre-order here at Detailer's Domain. It comes in a standard black Swissvax pot and costs $1100.

After many months of testing in the laboratory and by Paul Dalton himself, "Crystal Rock" wax evolved, a truly extraordinary wax, meticulously hand-crafted to Paul's wishes ...

With 76% by wax volume of pure Brazilian ivory carnauba wax, the waxes have one of the highest Carnauba content of any wax on the market. In effect, it coats a car’s paintwork in a smooth and glossy, yet tough and protective, water-repellent film – and even brings a shine to white and silver. A layer of 'Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock Wax' can last up to 6-12 months and can be ‘topped up’ with additional layers for even more protection. The waxes come in a satin pouch with a certificate personally signed by Paul himself.

Please e-mail me if you are interested.

Very limited supplies. We expect product in stock in 4 weeks time.

2. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

emailed

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

e-mailed you back.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Six to twelve months of protection from a wax? Wow. Has Crystal Rock been out that long for them to test the longevity?

5. J_Edwards

J_Edwards Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I know that Paul has been testing this for quite some time. I also know that he gave some samples to people like Marc, who have also been testing it for him, so I am sure that this claim is pretty valid.

Man I wish I could pony up that much, but without refills, it just doesn't make sense for me right now. Maybe if I land another Concours client I will take the plunge.

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Can`t wait to get this wax in!

7. Nica

Nica Banned

I can't wait to get my hands on this wax and putting it to the test :cheerl: :cheerl:

It's about time :hmph:

8. LanceM

Cant wait to get it :)

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Gah, too rich for my blood... for now. :waiting:

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The up front cost might be high, but think about the long term savings:

Say the wax lasts 6 months to 12 months. You can probably get about 40 applications out of a pot. That means that you can get 20-40 years of use out of a pot of this wax. That is only $27.50 to $55 per year, which isn't too bad!

11. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Will it last on the shelf for 20+ years though?

12. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Exactly. And for most people (re: avg joe) the initial price cost is staggering. Thats a lot of change for a car wax. I know it's "the latest and greatest" "this and that" but when you eclipse the $50 dollar barrier you've lost me. I honestly don't see how companies can seriously charge what they do for there waxes. Maybe its just me. Anyway for those who buy good luck with it.

13. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

WOW so i wont need another pot till im 75years old your saying?:applause2:

14. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

You can say it all you want but IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Maybe on a garage queen like my vette or viper that rarely see sun and never sees rain but I do not think it would see 12 weeks let alone 12 months on a daily driver.

I will admit you do get a lot of applications out of one of these pots of wax but I have not found a LSP that last even 6 months let alone a year.

If they were smart they would sell 2 or 4 oz tubs making it more affordable for the average guy and would sell A LOT more of it. Not many people willing to outlay 1g for wax on their car, especially in this economy.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Whats the longest you have see Zaino on your DDs?

16. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I think if durability is a concern for anyone thats wants to use a carnauba just top your favorite wax over a sealant like Zaino. IMO its the best of both worlds, not to mention Zaino looks incredible in addition to offering great durability. I know many love the look of Souveran but durability is an issue, so go with Zaino first and for the added depth and glow top it with Souv or any other wax that accents the cars finish. BTW FMINUS I have 2 coats of Z2pro which I applied 4months ago to a DD SUV and its still beading strong, plus the car is kept outside.

17. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I agree....most waxes that use veg and plant type oils as glossing agents and carriers ..do not last long...they are a beauty wax....wax alone starts to degrade with sunlight...heat...UV...ozone...just like a sealant..a good sealant will last much longer than a wax....it has a harder shell thats more temp resistant.....now another thing is wax does not cross link to paint in a way a polymer does....sealants actually hook into the paint per say to the polymer in the paint....wax just lays and sucks on to the paint....some waxes contain polymers in it to enhance the durability..like collinite...Megs 16..one grand blitz...CG 50/50 Fuzion and a few others I am forgetting....

It all well and be a very good wax ..I have no doubt it is..but to last 6-12 months..maybe on a garage queen driven monthly.....outside 24/7 I feel it will not go over 2 months before it loses it's nuance....the elements will take its toll.....

Now if it does last 6-12 months ..then he has a real nice product...

AL

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Lets fase it, when you spend this kind of money on a wax and your looking for durability well your better off getting Duragloss, Klasse, Zaino..ect..ect... I'm purchasing this wax for it's looks, I'm all for the Carnauba glow...for me I could care less about how long it lasts, I care about it's looks. But that's just me....oh and yes like Al and others have mentioned if it's durability your after apply a sealant and top it of with a Carnauba and your set but that defeats the purpose of the Carnuaba look if you ask me, but that's just me :shrug:

But that's just me, oh and the other thing is high end waxes may not be for the average person but for those that are a little :crasy: and willing to spend the money I'm sure it will be worth the wile, like Divine for example...but again just my opinion....to be honest you have to be a little :crasy: about waxes to spend the amount's I have lol but for me I have no problems spending the money as it pleases me every time I walk by my personal collection :giggle:

I for one look forward on putting Pauls wax to the test with all my other high end waxes in my collection, that and it will look great on my personal collection :woo: :woo:

19. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I have to disagree with this somewhat. My girlfriends car is a daily driven and parks in the sun about half the day 11-5. I applied Vintage to her car in December, so it has now been about 6 months and it is still going pretty strong. Still very good beading and sheeting and bird poop and bugs still wash off very easily.

they probably don't want to sell 2 or 4 oz tubs for the exact reason you stated. More people will buy it, in a sense reducing its overall value because soo many people will have it. With dealing with these high end waxes, I'm sure they want to separate the die hards from the rest.

20. LanceM

agreed. vintage has been going for 3 months so far in the louisiana sun. parked outside every day.