Particular Scissors Lift Style in the States?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by SoCal Garage, Aug 20, 2011.

1. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

In the following videos, from the Netherlands, they are using a different style scissors lift where the ram is set perpendicular to the lift versus the typical inline that you find here in the States. Has anyone come across this style here in the States? If so, can you please provide me with a link or information as I've been searching to no avail? Why am I interested in this style? Simple I want to slide it from side-to-side underneath existing vehicles in my garage versus having to move it like other jacks in this category. My wife will not take to kindly having to drive over raised portions presented by an above floor lift; not to mention the clanking noise associated with driving over a lift. I just want to align parking stops for my vehicles so I achieve a straight line to slide the lift along underneath a parked car to another bay or out of the way by siding it into an empty bay. The lift in the video is pretty much a fixed lift as it exhibits no casters, but most lift manufacturers do have caster models or accessories available. Thanks in advance.

These time-lapse videos are interesting regarding detailing. I'm not a detailer, but if I were I would model my business after what they have done as the cleanliness and the layout speaks of an establishment that puts extra care into their work.

[video=youtube;SDtosSYyFaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDtosSYyFaU&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;wF8HpCUap9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wF8HpCUap9o[/video]​

source: YouTube member: Dibbuz1979 (More videos can be found too.)

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

talk to Auto Concierge (Bob) his shop has a similar set up including the surgical suite look which is the way to go if you ask me

3. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Not sure about the lift.

Watching that video is mesmerizing though.

4. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

These guys went over the paint with machines like 4-5 times ? How come so many passes ?
    Dan F

5. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

cool video...

6. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I know Jay @ Migloir Detailing has this set up. He also has a studio build thread over at detailworld but I'm not sure where the exact link is. I also love the video, thorough work these guys

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Interesting video, but not much can be learned from it. It goes from clean to... clean!

8. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Haha...seriously.

I did see some dude snapping pics of the driver side door - looked like they were doing some heavy spot compounding.

9. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

That's such a cool lift. Do want.

10. StuLax18

StuLax18 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So true! I actually skipped from the beginning to the end to compare before and after and it didn't seem like anything changed.

11. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

There's a third video where they actually wash the car first, in the bay shown, but it too looks clean to begin with. I can only surmise that they produced these videos for potential or existing customers to demonstrate the time and extent of labor involved in detailing a vehicle. In the videos you can see the sun rise and set, then rise again. If anything, the videos drive home the point to the uninitiated that "you get what you pay", hence the reason they charge what they charge.

I have to admit that these guys run a tidy shop, and that alone impresses me—if indeed that is the shop's de facto and everyday standards.

12. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

13. nth degree

nth degree Virgin Detailer

I would love to see a clock on the wall so you can actually tell how much time is actually spent. Definitely great to show potential customers what is done to their car and why the cost is what it is.

14. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

lolol i see a lot of threads from some... but they always get a "great job" comment..

15. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

You're way off base. That is not Steves garage..

16. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

Oh, EXCUSE me!