paper/plastic "floor mats

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by wagonproject, Jun 13, 2009.

1. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

I was wondering if any of you guys put those paper/plastic mats on the floor of a car when your done detailing it? (like the ones you get at a dealership or when your cars new). If so where do you get them at? Thanks!

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I'm wondering the same thing.

3. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

I do. Mine are like a thinly laminated paper mat. I have some regular paper ones too. I get them from the dealership I work at lol.

4. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

I just flip the Floormat over, once I have the car deleivered I flip it back over:hmph:

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I just did a google search for paper floormats. Got a BUNCH of useful sites that sell them.

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

IIRC, I believe Majestic Solutions also sells them. It would be worth it to get it from them along with your MS supplies. :)

7. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

That's what I got our dealer to start doing. I am in the sales end of the automobile business and what I notice is that most customers want you to throw them away immediately since they get in the way. Personally, if I owned a detail business, I wouldn't use them not only because of them being a waste but more importantly to keep costs down.

8. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Yea in or about 1984or1985 I had a 1,000 of the paper mats with my company name on them done....:chips:

:shead:After using them for a couple of months it dawned on me that the customer does not want these things in there car, they throw them straight in the trash.

If it were an auto repair biz, then yea maybe, but I own a detail shop therefor there shoudn't be an issue with getting grease on the mats anyway:hmph:

On top of that, somehow the box they were in got wet, and they all stuck together. So I chunked them in the dumpster:giggle:

9. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

The same place the dealership gets them will sell to you. Just go to the detail guy and ask what day the detail supply guy comes by. Here, the detail supply company is Netmark. They provide detailing supplies, those flags and flyer things, and the sale stickers for car lots.

10. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

We use the "dealer must remove" clear plastic for our jobs after chemical extraction, it does take some skill to be able to lay it. We cut ours to fit with a razor blades. It looks very professional and makes a much better looking finished product. Paper mats just suck up moisture and get ground up quickly.

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've dealt with these clear plastic covering and they're a PITA to deal with but once you get the technique down, it's not so bad. They do look very nice though and are pretty sturdy to abuse.

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I use Reynolds freezer paper. $2 for a $30 roll of the stuff.